The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Table top Measurements (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
What is the right size for the top of a portable table? I want to be able to spread the cards and not be restricted by the edges.

Also, what is a good hieght? I'm 6'8", so I need a higher than average table.

Thank You,
Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Jeff,
It depends on the application. An average Suitcase ( folding ) Table has a 24" x 14" Top working surface while other performance tables cater to a standard close-up mat of 12" x 16". This is wide open for you to create exactly what you specifically need. Just map it out on your dining room table and go through a few typical routines and determine your needed working surface dimensions.

To find the proper height, stack up some books and things until you reach a perfect height for your table. Then build the table base to that dimension. Don't forget to include the height of your rolling castors (if you use them). Use quality plywood and felt coverings etc. so you will have something that will last.
Hope this helps!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Once again Chance, you've come through— I was about to post the same question. I'm going to have to try that out. All I have to say is your knowledge in the building of magic and your ideas are amazing. I know I know, I've said it a million times, but it's true.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Justin,
I am always ready to lend a hand and help save a few bucks! Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com