The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Diabolicus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
This is my favorite of the Tenyo effects. Impressive, can be repeated without any reset, baffling!

David
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Any chance this will be created in an Elite version?
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I agree - It is one I use from time-to-time
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
here2009
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of here2009
Haven't seen this yet, where can I find it?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
There's one for sale on E-bay right now. I have the 'Magic Works' version and it is indeed a superb trick!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4008 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Without doubt one of the CLASSIC close - up effect of the whole 1990s. Or EVER. GREAT magic.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I really, really want to re-produce this in an elite version. Tenyo has informed us that the M+++++++ strip used in this, is not made anymore or available to them. However I have not given up, so if anyone can help me in my search for a manufacturer or an alternative that works, I will personally reward you.

Thanks,

Peter
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
The strip is a liquid crystal display. I tried using google to search for zebra LCD, but couldn't find the right thing. I really, really, really want to see this made in Tenyo Elite.

John
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi John, thanks, yes I did know it was liquid crystal display like they use in calculators. But like you I think it has to be a custom made strip. Any more help is greatly appreciated, I want to make this happen(and I will or I'll take it to my grave trying).

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Peter, did you inform with Milton Bradley yet? They produced their version in the Magic Works series, but perhaps it was made by Tenyo and Tenyo also supplied the strips?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

That's right, they did a version with a skeleton or coffin or something didn't they.?
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes, it is called "The Knight's Tomb" and here's a picture of it: http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk/MWdiabolicus.jpg .

I might add that the 'secret' was more difficult to see then the Tenyo-version. If this has something to do with the strip or perhaps the kind of magnet used I don't know.
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
I have this and have been thinking of selling it. Any idea what a fair price would be? It is like new with original instructions, but without the packaging. Thanks
Michael
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Never seen this trick: is it possible to find a video of it on the web? If the price is not too high, I'm always interested about Tenyo old (and new) effects...
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 08:59, ceme20 wrote:
I have this and have been thinking of selling it. Any idea what a fair price would be? It is like new with original instructions, but without the packaging. Thanks
Michael

I've sent to you a P.M. about the item you want to sell! Smile
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2013, Makus wrote:
Never seen this trick: is it possible to find a video of it on the web? If the price is not too high, I'm always interested about Tenyo old (and new) effects...

Yes, even a description would be great, I'm quite curious about this product .
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
It's hard to describe this particular effect without giving away the secret. A video of a performance is pretty useless since you'll only see the magician call out the upper most symbol in the box without opening it. I believe that's why videos are tough (or impossible, I haven't looked) to find.

What happens is the performer has a small box with a block inside with different ESP symbols on the 4 sides. The spectator puts the block inside and remembers what symbol is uppermost (of course without the performer seeing Smile ). He then closes the lid and the magician can now 'see' what symbol is uppermost.

I'm not telling anything new here in this thread I believe, but the box has a special strip (liquid crystal) on the outside that enables the magician to see what symbol is on top. The special strip can not be found anywhere, I have no idea who produced it when the trick was released.
It is this strip that makes the trick so special and unique.

It's a great little trick, but there are of course other tricks that enable you to do the same, but often a lot more expensive and often electronic in workings (Multidimensional by Promistic for example is the same basic effect).

Diabolicus tends to sell for high prices thesedays since it is on every Tenyo collectors 'wanted' list and it's just a darn good clairvoyance effect: small so it fits into your pocket, no reset, easy to do, examinable - not like similar effects which are often bigger aor use electronics. If you can find one around 100 USD new in the package you did a VERY good deal!

If you buy one that is used and/or without the package make sure you ask the seller if the secret is easy to spot AND if the condition is perfect: the strip tends to get loose over time when not handled with some care.
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
I have to say I think this is by far the best tenyo effect and I am amazed they don't still make it. Increablely clever and you could perform at an event