The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Bebel's First DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
Hi,

I am French, and I just bought the very first DVD from Bebel, the French card expert. I do not know if you know him. He is a true artist, a pure one. He performed in the street in Paris, Saint Germain, but very clean.

If you go on Youtube I think you can see a few card tricks from him performed in the street.

I think every body should see Bebel, because he really loves magic, it is his live. During the French national convention he is able to perform card tricks and also cups and balls for 4 or 5 hours without stopping.

The DVD is Zone 2, I don't know if it is possible to read it in the USA, but you should look at it.

Bye
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Actually I too bought this but I am not french....I don't have one French bone in my body, nor do I speak it. It is relatively easy to see what Bebel is doing from watching the explanations. . .You may miss out on some additional ideas but the tricks are fairly easy to learn...
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Where can one purchase the DVD?
Magic is a vanishing art.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Bebel's DVD is very good and his card technique is quite impressive. Due to the French language and no english subtitle this DVD very much like under gound in market and not get much eyes.

Here is the product site: http://www.fabricedelaure.com/fr/dvd.php

And here is the video of his famous effect Repro Retro (another handling of PH's reset): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiskyO-GiAE

Even not knowing French but see the explanation perofrmance is enough to understand.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I have seen him at both Fism 2003 and 2006 and also seen him perform.
Yours,

Ivan
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I've heard of Bebel years ago from Gregory Wilson, he mentions Bebel a few times in some of his DVDs. If Greg endorses someone, you know he has to be good.

Thanks for the links max88. Definitely my next purchase.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
I've heard years ago about Greg Wilson by Bebel and if Bebel endorses someone, you know he has to be good.....

Sorry, but Bebel, from the best card workers in the world, is simply the best
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 03:20, Tivoli wrote:
I've heard years ago about Greg Wilson by Bebel and if Bebel endorses someone, you know he has to be good.....

I've 'seshed' with Bebel in the Ruskin (Blackpool convention) and the guy is not only awesome, he's also very generous and holds nothing back, I'll certainly buy this DVD.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
It is very good more and more people will find Bebel is cool and one of the best card guy there. Recent years more and more hyped trick and DVD on the market and through the Café here some marketing related posting from guys close to the creators make lots of people buy something which is actually not worth at all.

Bebel's DVD is one of those product really worth the money but has no marketing effort has been put which make it un-discovered by lots of magician especially for those that French isnot their native language.

From the DVD it seems Beble's leg has some problem, if someone know him please confirm is that true. And if it is, then such a talent guy who releaed top quality material really deserve the attention to support his work!!

I would say even you do not want to learn card trick but by watching his performance on the street is a very nice thing as well.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 03:20, Tivoli wrote:

I'm proud of you!

Easy there arthur! I didn't mean it that way. No need to belittle Mr. Wilson with your cheap and needless comment/insult Smile
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
In Flames,

I'm sorry, I'm french that's perhaps why I didn't understand the way you wrote it.
But I'm happy, you're proud of me Smile
Regards
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Max88,

Yes, Bebel has a desease (I'm not sure for the word) when He was young that's why he is always with a stick
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
61 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
It's a great DVD indeed, but I am french even if I live in Australia.If you don't understand you will be able to get most of the work but you will miss on the subtleties and finesse.He has a lot of verbal misdirection as well and speak about that in the bonus...But it said on the DVD cover than he is writing a book in english.I am looking forward to it.
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I really would like to get this DVD. But if I miss out on the subtleties and finesse, misdirection, that would be, at least to me, the most important part of the DVD that I would miss.

I'm still tempted to get it though.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
You really should...It is really easy to see what he is doing and the performances are clear and you can easily pick up the correct misdirection on it. I recommend it.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
For me, Bebel is perhaps my favourite performer of all. This comes from a man living in the UK growing up on a diet of Brown, Green, Earl, and others.

Bebel is a true artiste; a man who is so passionate about his art that it defines him, consumes him. A man devoid of ego; entirely deserving of one.

Everytime I see a performer I love, I force myself to ask one question; Why? For me; there are performers as technically able as Bebel, who perform tricks that are equal to his brilliance. Don't get me wrong, these people are few and far between, but I do believe that they exist and that I know there names. So why do I love Bebel above them all?

Without being english, you may perhaps struggle to understand why this sentence was so difficult to write, but trust me when I say it was. It is because he is French. Now please let me explain, I shall do my best to avoid using "Je ne sais quoi" in my argument, but forgive me if temptation overrides.

The effects Bebel performs are beautiful. Sadly, and I believe this is true for many card tricks - there is also a mundanity about them. Their beauty come from watching them - not hearing about them. It is difficult to have patter that can truly enhance a card trick, while at the same time an impreganted silence would sound awkard - out of place. Watching Bebel, I am fascinated, intrigued. I get to watch what he does with the cards, I can see what is happening and this is more than enough. His voice - his tonality, keep me excited as I get to make up my own patter based upon the fleeting extracts that I do understand, and I get to truly appreciate the wonderful simplicty that belies a card trick.

I look forward to watching this DVD above all others.
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
I kill for bebel
robwillett281
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of robwillett281
I bought this DVD when it came out. I am not French. but am studying it so it is a fantastic bonus to have this DVD.
The effects are beautiful - and I mean beautiful. The bonus section is really great, he talks about misdirection through language when performing the pass amongst other things.

The reason I'm writing this post in 2011 is that there is another DVD out in which Bébel meats up with Jean-Pierre Vallerino. Another GREAT DVD worth getting.

Only in French though.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 13:46, robwillett281 wrote:
I bought this DVD when it came out. I am not French. but am studying it so it is a fantastic bonus to have this DVD.
The effects are beautiful - and I mean beautiful. The bonus section is really great, he talks about misdirection through language when performing the pass amongst other things.

The reason I'm writing this post in 2011 is that there is another DVD out in which Bébel meats up with Jean-Pierre Vallerino. Another GREAT DVD worth getting.

Only in French though.

ABSOLUTLY
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I speak French too, so I went to the Bebel site to read in detail the effects from the DVD.
The description of the effects sounds really good; also well known magicians endorse Bebel DVD.

Thinking to order it.

Also I did a search of Frédéric Albeau and found interesting magie informatation.