The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Trunk to table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
thescienceworks
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of thescienceworks
As a kids-show performer, I spent a few years carting various unwieldy boxes and cases around, until I discovered the pictures in an old "building magic props" book showing a trunk sized box, with legs that opened out on one side, and two wide flaps with a center lifting section on the other side. I built my first one 20 years ago, and replaced it after about 7 years with a stronger version (learning from my mistakes on the first one). Essentially it goes from a box approx. 3-1/2 feet long, 1 foot wide, and 1-1/2 feet tall on wheels, to a table set up at about 4 feet tall, 6 feet wide, with a large center storage section. I still need a second box to carry everything I can't fit in the first one, but it makes traveling around and setting up for a show a lot easier.

I have been looking for something like it, without success. I need to either re-do or re-build it now, and am not sure if I have the time. Does anyone have or use anything like this? Or, have you seen plans or pictures?

Thanks,

Steve
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
These are very popular among magicians:

http://www.ronjo.com/magic/leflertable.html

The Joe Lefler Table is available from a lot of places. I think you can beat that price. This isn't exactly what you are describing, but I think it will accomplish the goal in a professional looking manner.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
In Micky Hades book "The New Make-Up of Magic", there are plans for several suitcase tables plans. Your description of your table sounds like a couple of them. The book is still available:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=6279

Personally, I use two of Joe Lefler's large suitcase tables.

Michael