The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Fiberoptics_extended. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
Does anyone have any thoughts on Richard's dvd called Fiberoptics extended? ?Is it any good? I have never bought anything of his just looking for something new besides cards,coins and spong balls. Thanks for any input.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
I have Richard Sanders original Fiberoptics DVD and it is the most mindblowing rope routine I've ever seen. I learned the entire routine in about a month and it absolutely kills adult spectators but I don't recommend it for kids. They seem to get lost with all of the moves and the machine gun pace at which the effect is presented. When there is suppsoed to be a moment of amazement there is just silence because the kids are still trying to comprehend what they just saw. But I will say this, I performed the routine at a work function about a year ago and everyone was absolutely floored. You could get adult-show bookings based on that routine alone, but for kids I use Daryl's rope routine. It's uses a lot of different moves and is still amazing but it is slower paced and works better for a kid show enviroment.

I'd love to see how he's improved on the routine but I don't think there is much more that can be done to make the fiberoptics routine better.
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
Thanks again for your input.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3101 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree with above, it kills
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The dvd is terrific. You certainly don't have to perform all of it. I took a few moves and made my own routine for table hopping. If you are interested in doing rope stuff, the dvd is a must have!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2552 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 09:32, magicjack1977 wrote:
I have Richard Sanders original Fiberoptics DVD and it is the most mindblowing rope routine I've ever seen. I learned the entire routine in about a month and it absolutely kills adult spectators but I don't recommend it for kids. They seem to get lost with all of the moves and the machine gun pace at which the effect is presented. When there is suppsoed to be a moment of amazement there is just silence because the kids are still trying to comprehend what they just saw. But I will say this, I performed the routine at a work function about a year ago and everyone was absolutely floored. You could get adult-show bookings based on that routine alone, but for kids I use Daryl's rope routine. It's uses a lot of different moves and is still amazing but it is slower paced and works better for a kid show enviroment.

I had the original then sold it and got the new extended version. There are a couple new moves and routines that make it worth the upgrade. Highly recommended if you are serious about learning rope magic.

I'd love to see how he's improved on the routine but I don't think there is much more that can be done to make the fiberoptics routine better.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2552 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Sorry about putting my comment in the middle of the quote. All I wanted to do was quote you magicjack1977 and add that I had the original dvd then sold it and got the new extended version. There are a couple new moves and routines that make it worth the upgrade. Highly recommended if you are serious about learning rope magic.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3355 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Saw Richard do and explain this at a recent lecture and it kills! Like Cameron said, use a piece of it, incorporate a new move from it etc, it does not need to be his exact routine.
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
Thanks everyone, I will have to order it today. By the way where can I get some good rope from?
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
What type of rope do you use??
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Fibre optics extended is a wonderful routine and visual, which I highly recommend!