The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: The Great Marvin.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
A few months back I purchased a bunch of magic tricks and misc. magic related items. One of the items is a framed poster. It shows a side view of a devils head and it reads, " A full evening show of mysteries ", The Great Marvin, Worlds satanic Magician. At the bottom it shows a few drawings of a few illusions such as the Chinese guillotine and a few others. Seems like a creepy way to bill yourself, anyway, have any of you ever heard of this guy ? I tried googleing his name, but nothing came up.
Thanks for any information anyone can share about this fellow.
Bob.
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Pls post an image of the poster and will try yo answer your question
mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
How about Joe Crowell, who refers to himself as THE DEVIL in his advertising. His posters look like a mortician has already tended to him.
drgrossarth
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of drgrossarth
When I was in high school, growing up in Dillon, Montana, (where magicians are definitly few and far between), I met Marvin. This was in the mid 70's. Not his real name, his real name escapes me, but it will come to me. At that time, he took me under his wing and we spent several afternoons looking at his extensive magic collection and talking. He did magic exclusively for a living in the '50's. He told me that Marvin the Satanic Magician had nothing to do with Satanism, but was his marketing ploy. I believe it worked well. At that time he was working for the post office. I still have a Super X levitation he bestowed on me, and probably a few other old bits of magic. LEt me know if I can help. Thanks,
drgrossarth
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of drgrossarth
When I was in high school, growing up in Dillon, Montana, (where magicians are definitly few and far between), I met Marvin. This was in the mid 70's. Not his real name, his real name escapes me, but it will come to me. At that time, he took me under his wing and we spent several afternoons looking at his extensive magic collection and talking. He did magic exclusively for a living in the '50's. He told me that Marvin the Satanic Magician had nothing to do with Satanism, but was his marketing ploy. I believe it worked well. At that time he was working for the post office. I still have a Super X levitation he bestowed on me, and probably a few other old bits of magic. LEt me know if I can help. I still have an number of his posters, and used his old Abbot's head chopper for a few years. Thanks,