The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: The Elevator by Peter Loughran :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Elevator by Peter Loughran
-----------------oOo-----------------

Effect & description: Imagine, at any time during your act, whether you perform close-up, on stage, or on the street, you simply rise a full 3 - 4 inches above the ground, all without the angle problems and viewing distance restrictions seen in other self-levitations on the market. Simply put, The Elevator is Peter Loughran's new mechanical marvel levitation device that allows you to levitate while facing your spectators, and it can be viewed from the front and the sides!

There are no special shoes used! In fact, you can even perform the illusion wearing sandals or even barefoot! There are no special clothes or baggy pants required, and you can do this inside or outside on wet or dry land without any special lighting required! And get this, there are NO weight limitations! You can even do mid-air rotation, WOW! What other self-levitation can boast all these advantages?

-------------------------------------------
Most of you will agree that descriptions found in magic advertisements often exaggerate the effect, leading one to believe the next great miracle has indeed materialized right before our very eyes. I am happy to report that the description above describes Mr. Loughran's levitation very accurately. Smile

For the first time ever, an actual device has been created that is easy to use, easy to conceal, and does the job with flying colors. No more special shoes or holding towels or blankets in front of you to hide the method.

I waited a bit to write this review, as I was involved with the writing of The Elevator booklet which has just been released, but more on that later.

So, what do you get for your hard earned magical dollar? To be honest, a lot. The actual gimmick is darn near indestructable, and unless you care nothing about your investment, should last a lifetime, and then some. It is small, easy to use, and comes in and out of play in a flash.

In addition to the special gimmick, you receive 10 pages of written instructions, taking you step by step in not only learning to use your new miracle maker, but helpful information in regards to its care. If that were not enough, Peter also includes a computer CD, which visually teaches you as well. While the CD is probably as good as you're going to get for the computer, I think a video tape, or better yet, a DVD would have been nicer. Smile

Mr. Loughran's creativity here is really something special. Very rarely do we see magic items that go the extra mile, and The Elevator certainly does that, and then some.
Peter's method of ditching the device is very ingenious, and believe it or not, is so effective that your spectators will never in a million years believe there was a device present at all.

Each Elevator has been assigned its own special serial number, allowing folks who take the time to register via email the ability to purchase additional items that Peter and company may care to offer.

Case in point, Peter has just now released the official Elevator handbook. Between its covers you'll find over thirty pages of ideas, routines and advice for using The Elevator. Contributors include; Scott F.Guinn, Chance Wolf, Corey King, Neil Tobin, Eric Myers, Michael Kett, Phillip Jones, Peter Eggink, Steve Brooks, Michael Sibbernsen, Tom Cutts, James Luce, Billy Deakin, Robert Baker, Leo Martin, and of course Peter Loughran himself. Smile

I should point out that The Elevator booklet is only available to registered purchasers of the device, and then only through Mr. Loughran himself. The levitation device itself can be purchased directly from Peter or through the good folks at Hocus-Pocus.

What can I say? If you need a super clean and convincing way to defy Earth's gravity up close in real world conditions, I believe Peter Loughran's Elevator really does deliever the goods. Highly recommended. Smile
------------------------------------------
My rating:

Suggested retail is: $99.95 + $10 Shipping (US/Canada)
The Elevator Handbook is: $8.00 (with Elevator purchase)
$11.00 (after Elevator purchase) Postpaid.

The Elevator is Available from:
Hocus Pocus (Exclusive dealer)
2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703
Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040
Questions, chat: (559) 266-5150
24-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You can also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com
To visit the Hocus Pocus site: Click here!

The Elevator and The Elevator Handbook can be ordered directly from Peter Loughran:
You can contact Peter directly at: peter@masterofillusions.ca
Visit Peter's site to order direct: Click Here!

MASTER OF ILLUSIONS ENTERTAINMENT
97 BirchPoint Dr.
R.R. 2, Ennismore,
Ontario. K0L 1T0
CANADA
(705) 292-8947
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks