The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Corporate Close up 2 Volumes 1 and 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
I watched these 2 volumes last week and wanted to do a quick review here (I will do a longer review if required when time allows).

These have been released through RSVP magic and feature Harry Robson, Iain Moran, Shaun McRee and many other top working professionals from the North of England.

If you are just looking for a few tricks these DVD's may not be for you, if, however you want to start earning money performing close up magic then these DVD's are an absolute must to anyone new to performing out there in (I hate this term) "the real world".

That's not to say that experienced pro's won't take something from these but I think they will be of most benefit to people starting out performing gig's for the first time.

What you have here is the benefit of several years experience, all the pro's and con's, how to break into groups, how to deal with wait staff, what type of effects to use and when, they also go into details about pocket management etc.

There are also lots of effects that are taught so you can have a trick fix too.

I have to say I wish these DVD's were around when I was first starting out as I could have avoided several of the pitfalls mentioned on here.

It is also worth watching these to see Harry Robson in bed with a young attractive lady!

In short for anyone wanting to get into this kind of work, or if you just want a bit more insight into what goes on at these type of gigs (some of the performances are filmed at a real gig) and you would like some advise of some of the country's busiest workers then these are the DVD's for you.

Recommended.