The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Does this Card Exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Is there a such thing as a 51 on 1 card? I am looking to have a prediction card in an envelope, force a card, and reveal my prediction card to show a "52 on 1" card and get a little laugh, but upon closer examination it will be noticed that the chosen card is the only one not shown. Have the spectator turn the card over and its a duplicate of the forced card. Does this 51 on 1 / DF card exist? If so where can I get it, if it doesn't exist how can I get one made? I have a 52 on 1 which is DF with 4C on back, but I think it would be cooler if the 4C was missing from the front. Maybe I'll just use white out.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2008-12-25 02:53, JustLoco wrote:
...I have a 52 on 1 which is DF with 4C on back, but I think it would be cooler if the 4C was missing from the front. Maybe I'll just use white out.

That is what I suggest! That is what I would offer too.
It's not that difficult to achieve.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
There has been a version of the 52 on 1 card printed where one card is missing, and one where one card is reversed. But they were amongst full deck sets and I don't remember which ones. Either Martini's Pro Pack or the Caj deck or...

So in answer to your question, yes, this card exists.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
At his lecture that I attended last year, Aaron Fisher had a trick called the Secret Weapon. First, you show 52 on a card, then you appear to move one card (the card previously chosen by the spectator) to a different location on the 52-on-one card, and the tiny card is reversed. (At least, that's what I remember.)

It isn't exactly what you said you wanted, but it's close enough to make almost no difference.

I only saw it at the lecture, but it's probably avialable commercially somewhere.

Hope that helps,
Bill
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I made one some time ago from a 52/1 that had the cards on a black background and just blacked out the card.

Gil
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Using very fine emery cloth (300) stuck to a pencil eraser should allow you to sand out the ink of any card you choose. Take your time.

Leaving the blank spot is even more amazing.

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Here is the copy from Hank Lee's Magic shop. Ton Onosaka created a trick that is very similar to what you are thinking...worth checking out...FRAME UP
Ton Onosaka has done it again. Frame-Up is one of the most clever card tricks I've ever seen.
Show a large envelope with a prediction inside.
A spectator selects a card. Let's say the nine of hearts.
Proclaim that your prediction is correct! Open the envelope and remove a framed piece of transparent plastic, showing the entire deck of cards, faces on one side and backs on the other! Of course, the prediction is correct - all the cards are there! Not very impressive.

Offer to take it a step further. Ask the spectator to hold her hand above the frame and concentrate on her card.

When she removes her hand, one of the face-up cards has turned face-down! Turn the frame over, one card is face-up! The nine of hearts!! Her selected card!
And, you can hand the board out for immediate examination. They will find nothing!
Self contained. Mechanical. Nothing added or taken away. The gimmick is so clever. I mean really!! Use your own deck of cards.