The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Ferrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Fragrance: I like the "gamey" smell of my Ferret.
Yes there is a shampoo that makes them smell very nice and does remove the game smell.
Recently I have had luck with the recycled paper as a bedding. It drastically reduces any odor and I have a cat litter box the little guy uses like a champ.

Excrement: The neat thing about Ferrets (at least mine) is that they are very good about not whizzing or pooping when handled for long periods so you can watch TV holding them etc. and they won't embarrass you in the show either. They wait for the litter box.

Food: Go with dry cat food. It is the same stuff and a whole lot cheaper and easier to get. You must start them on it or they may reject it. Ferret book taught me that.

The Magic: Finally you can dust off the ole dove pan again. It is a far more amazing appearance than your doves because they are like spaghetti and curl like a snake inside. It is an impossible appearance because they look like they could not possibly fit. They expand like spring flowers And the metal prevents them from chewing a hole or escaping (like a wooden cage would).
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I can't believe that this topic got discussed without Ricker being in on it.

It had to escape him.

I know this week he is at Magic Castle, but when he gets home rattle his cage. I think he has a Ferret gene!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2003-06-08 02:15, Zack wrote:
So if you keep them on a restricted diet, will they stay around 1 pound?

It depends on the breed of guinea pig you have. You don't have to restrict their diet unless they're extremely obese.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I stopped trying to use my ferrets, the smell and mine no matter how much training I've done they just aren't working so I sold them.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
While I applaud your attempt at coming up with something original, pulling a different kind of animal out of the same boring box/pan/bag, etc isn't that inventive. Why not come up with a good reason to produce an exotic animal? Go ahead and call the Ferret a weasel, and talk about your cobra problem in your back yard... so you came up with a solution... BAM, Weasel! Name him Ricki Ticki Tavi. No more cobra problem.

Or embrace the smell problem of ferrets, and perform the trick with a nose plug.

Put two harmless rabbits (white and black) into a squeeze box, and change them into the most feared animal on earth... a skunk.

Or, put a brown mouse into a box, pour Weight Gainer 3000 in, and pull a guinea pig out.

just my thoughts.....
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Ferrets get mad when you call them weasles. LOL

The big problem with ferrets, is they are so curious. They don't stay still, and I've used ferretvite in a duck pan to keep them 'occupied'.

If they've been decented, there's no smell. Bathe them once a month, wheither they need it or not.

The male ferrets are more laid back than the females.