The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Titanas FADE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Titanas FADE
Medium: DVD
Arena: Coin Magic
Available: Any shop, Distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

I’m not familiar with Titanas but was intrigued with his DVD on coin magic because it was stated to feature a complete vanish of a coin leaving you clean. Before I get into this I want to applaud Titanas for putting together a collection of coin moves and effects and making an effort to release a product that had some substance. It is to frequent that DVDs come out with one effect, usually bad, and people pay close to what they would pay for a full DVD worth of magic. On this DVD you over ten effects and all with in reach of the average magician. The main theme is a vanish which actually uses a method that has been around for a century or so and Titanas independently discovered the method and believed it to be original with him. To his credit he does post a statement at the end saying that he had been notified of the previous publication of the method but he was not aware of it. I appreciate that type of thing, too often people claim originality even when they know it isn’t original and to me independent creation took as much effort as the original.

The vanish featured leaves you with no coin in your hand and does not make use of pulls, topits, any of that fun stuff and you can retrieve the coin rather easily. I don’t want to tip anything but you must be seated, and no the coin isn’t lapped, to perform this and because the vanish takes place on the knee in some cases that means being seated without a table. You can imagine this limits the performing situations where this will be applicable. So you have an interesting idea that is effective but you don’t have a suitable performing arena in most situations. That is too bad because you can fool people with this. The alternate ideas presented by Titanas are all standards in coin magic with his personal twist on things but again the reason this move isn’t as well known as it is raises its head, the situation needed to perform won’t come up that often, being seated without a table.

The production level is okay, the sound was hallow at first and it took awhile to get use to the accent Titanas has but once he sat down to explain the material he did a good job and the sound was okay. The camera guy could have used a bit more practice but did okay. I enjoyed watching the material, I wasn’t fooled but I think it would fool the lay public. If you thing this is something that might interest you, and some of you may be where you are sitting on a bench at school or something, it is worth looking into. If you doubt you’ll find yourself performing as described it may still interest you but then again maybe not. Nice job by Titanas, I wish him well, it is just the fade move has limited uses.