The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Sponge Size :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
What sponge ball size do you all prefer the most? 1 inch? 1 & 1/2 inch? 2 inch... Or other? I'm just curious.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
1 & 1/2 is perfect for me, but I'm sure everyone has different preferences.
But I also think that if you are very skilled with sponge balls you should use bigger ones because the magic looks even more impossible. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
I used to work with 2 inch balls, but I now do some routines (stand up or strolling) with 2 1/2 inch balls, because it´s more visual and audience reaction is much higher.
(agree with you cardguy). Smile
life is real magic
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I could be wrong, but I think 1.5" balls are fairly standard. At least, that is the size I use. Smile I use a terrific routine called Technicolor Spongeballs by Michael Sibbernsen. Very fun and magical....I'll be interested to see what sizes everyone else uses.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
In my restaurant work, I use 1.5" Goshman Super Soft spongeballs.

I feel that's the perfect size if you have to pack more than one into a small child's hand.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
Hi there.

I use 1.5 inch. I find yellow sponge balls best. For some reason I find them to be more visual than red ones. Also I find the firmer ones to be easier to handle than Supersofts, but perhaps that's just me.

The version I use is based on Pat Page's. It's modular, ie.. can either stop, or jump to the climax at any point, and, everything starts and finishes in one pocket, NO RESET.

Cheers

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
For kids work 1,5" balls are the right ones - I agree with you.
Martin
life is real magic
Mark Alan
View Profile
New user
St. Augustine Fl.
64 Posts

Profile of Mark Alan
Hi... I have been using 1.5 super soft Goshman sponge balls, up until about 3 months ago now, I'm doing 3d rabbits everyone loves those cute little bunnies, it plays great with kids and adults. I have been using "balls" for over 20 yrs, It was hard to change, but, I'm really happy with the results.

thanks, Mark Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
My routine, "Peanut, Butter and Jelly" also uses 1.5 ers. Seems to be the general consensus!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page