The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! :: Origami Featured On Episode Of Popular Samurai Television Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
One of the most popular TV-series in Japan is the long-running Samurai TV-series ONMITSU DOSHIN O-EDO SOSAMO (Secret Agents Special Edo Investigational Unit). One of its episodes featured the use of Origami. In that episode, one of the Onmitsu agents was captured by the villain's group. While being held captive in a cell, the agent made an Origami Crane. It so happens that his place of captivity is adjacent to an ONSEN (hot springs bath) as he notices the Steam in the immediate vicinity. Between the bars of his cell, the agent gently tosses the Origami Crane into the outdoor air. Wafted through the air by the Onsen's steam, the "flying" crane happens to be noticed by another Onmitsu agent who instantly recognizes the Origami as the handiwork of his friend. Before long, the Sosamo group raids the Villain's hideout.

The popularity of that SOSAMO series still endures in Japan, with many different actors having played the main role during its long run. Great stories with explosive Swordfight action in every episode. The first season from the 1970s is now out on dvd, and subtitled. This is the version with Sugi Ryotaro, but for me, the two best versions were the versions with Matsukata Hiroki and Satomi Kotaro. Regrettably,I don't remember which version featured that ORIGAMI scene as this series has been running continuously from the 1970s.