The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Flash paper safety, any tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lizzard_king
View Profile
New user
Victoria Australia
16 Posts

Profile of lizzard_king
Hello all,
I am not sure if anyone has asked this but is there a safe way to dispose of bad flash paper that is releasing a red smoke with odor.

I tried flushing the nitro out around four times with water and have put it in a old cola 1 litre bottle with a cap on full almost to the top with water.

I bought it from a china seller off ebay and not really sure I have many effects I would use it for but my original question is this how would you dispose of flash paper you were not going to light?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The best and safest way that I have always used is to simply flush it down the toilet. It won't hurt the sewer or septic systems. Going forward, it's best to figure out how much paper you are going to use in a short period of time and only purchase that much so you don't have to worry about it deteriorating and having to dispose of it. I would for sure not purchase it on ebay. It's not that expensive. If you have a dealer close by, I'd get it from them. Another source I have found reliable is Theater Effects.
Where the magic begins
lizzard_king
View Profile
New user
Victoria Australia
16 Posts

Profile of lizzard_king
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
The best and safest way that I have always used is to simply flush it down the toilet. It won't hurt the sewer or septic systems. Going forward, it's best to figure out how much paper you are going to use in a short period of time and only purchase that much so you don't have to worry about it deteriorating and having to dispose of it. I would for sure not purchase it on ebay. It's not that expensive. If you have a dealer close by, I'd get it from them. Another source I have found reliable is Theater Effects.

Mr.Scribner, Hello and thank you for the reply I appreciate the intelligent response I kinda thought it was going to combust the whole pack in my hands it was letting off a foul odour and red smoke. kinda puts me off the flash game till I forget it. I suppose over time I will try again with as you said a smaller amount. and probably store the small amount in a cookie tin cause I had it in the plastic it was shipped in and stored that in my bag of tricks. It would have been catastrophic all my purchases up in smoke.