The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Country Club Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I recently began working with the Eric Anderson marketing plan. One of the topics there is the write down everything that the market you are focusing on would ask you were face to face. Also write down what problems that market might have that you might be able to help with. My question is this. Can you guys come up with any ideas for me? I have a few of my own but I would like to get a few more ideas.
If any of you have marketed towards to Country Club crowd I would appreciate whatever knowledge you have to offer too. Thanks
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Country club wants good acts at reasonable prices, not the lowest or the highest. They like someone who has a twist of difference and uniqueness. They are booking acts for their MEMBERS to enjoy.

The club manager, restaurant manager or members activity coordinator are the bookers usually. They are over worked. So reliability and flexibility is the key...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Magicjg
Curtis is offering you a common sense aproach to getting booked at country clubs. If I were you I would listen to Curtis's sound advise. Eric Anderson seems to be offering you a marketing problem that has nothing to do with actually getting work, and if you google Eric Anderson you will come up with a folk singer from the 1970's.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2479 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Remember, "Country Club" = "class". Even if they're not 'all that', they think they are, and want someone who doesn't clash with the image.

They also want to be 100% sure that you can't possibly ever disappoint a paying member (you don't know what I had to do to keep working at a club with a 6-figure annual membership fee, but one highlight was walking alone the entire circumference of the golf course in calf-deep snow so 'Santa' (me) could be seen arriving across the countryside).
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Thank you for all of your incite. I'm not here to argue the credibility of anyone, but I have to say I spent three days with Eric and he seems like the real deal to me. I would suggest looking up ahha entertainment. After his lecture at MAES every magician waited in line to his marketing package. Anyways, I am thankful for all of your comments. Curtis I sent you a PM in regards to your post. Please keep the post coming.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Magicjg is there a way you can get private messages?

Ken Scott
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Ross hit this one on the head. I have worked as a musician in country clubs for decades. It is all about class, or at least the appearance of it. Valet parking, wait staff that knows all the members by first name, and treating the members like kings and queens. There are many clubs that insist on certain protocols concerning interaction between employees and members. Remember, they are members, not guests. Many of them pay HUGE fees yearly to retain membership.

I work regularly at one that has a waiting list for prospective members that is in the neighborhood of seven years ! It is a very coveted place to be seen. The bottom line is that it is like working for royalty. Etiquette and appearance are everything.

Remember that when marketing to them, and when performing for them....

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Ken,
For some reason my PM doesn't always work. My email is JasonAlan@Jasonalanmagic.com

http://www.jasonalanmagic.com