The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Pegasus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
borjuist
View Profile
New user
INA
52 Posts

Profile of borjuist
Effect:

"Borrow a spectator's ring and assure your volunteer that you will take attentive care of her precious jewelry. She drops her ring into a tiny black velour drawstring bag. In an instant, the bag and her ring vanish. Your hands are completely empty!

"You cleanly remove your stylish leather zip-around key case from your back pocket and unzip it. There, dangling from its drawstring loop among the keys is the velour pouch, solidly locked onto a key clasp. You release the bag and hand it to your lovely spectator, who is amazed and relieved to find her ring inside!

"This is truly an impressive trick that will catch the spectator off-guard. Complete with leather key case, black velour bag, detailed colored instructions, and everything else necessary to perform this elegant and mind-blowing trick!"
------------------------------------------------
Anyone have a review for this? I'm confused because this trick sales for: $145.50.
I have Ring Flight, and what's different, quality or..... ??

Best regards,
Rick
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
I think the great advantage here is the velour bag, which transports the ring in a safer way (everyone of us has already heard about lost stones of rings after a Ring Flight performance).
But perhaps we can use this idea with every Ring Flight prop? (Or many of you use it already, and it's only new for me?) Till now, I never have performed this effect because I was anxious to damage the borrowed ring. But now . . .

Angelo
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Use the Café Quicksearch function at the top of the page. I found several past threads discussing this effect.
I've not seen Pegasus in action, so I can only go by the descriptions. I agree with Angelo that the pouch is a nice way to protect the ring, and it would be much easier to use than a clasp. However, I'm curious as to how it's worked into the routine. Why would it end up in a key case? Does the bag muddy the effect? And the question of all Ring Flights, who puts their keys in a case/pouch?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I am not sure if I can speak highly enough of this effect. Being a part time dealer, I have had and seen MANY Ring Flight type effects. I, myself, have wanted to do this effect for quite some time and have yet to find the perfect one. There was always something with the effect/gimmick I got. Too weak, too loud, not strong enough, not fast enough, clip too tight, clip too loose..etc..etc...the list went on. I tried the cheap one to the expensive ones.

Yes, the Pegasus is expensive...but at last (in my mind) the perfect Ring Flight. It is everything. Fast, silent, makes sense. Although, I have heard others argue they do not like the bag idea. But forget that...Really...you do NOT want to damage a spectator's ring. And with the bag, you never will. And you do not have to worry about the hook up and stealing a small clip.

Personal opinion, Pegasus is the one and only Ring Flight that I have found that is by far the best. A def. 5 out of 5 stars and worth the $$$.

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
If you are concerned about the safety of the ring, you should look at:
"Deadlock" by David Acer

And, "Just In Case" by Pete Biro.

About $40 and $200 respectively.

In both cases, the ring really never leaves your hands. In or out of a bag, swinging through the air is some risk.

Bob