The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: paul gordon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tricky
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricky
I don't know if this is in the right place but I was wondering how hard is Paul Gordons stuff. I was thinking about getting protean card magic or nocturnal creations but I don't know how hard it is. any help will be great, thanks!!!
james
allanr
View Profile
New user
Houston,Tx
19 Posts

Profile of allanr
Most of Paul's material is practical and covers a variety of skill levels. The vast majority is within the reach of the average cardman. If you can do decent double lifts, Elmsley Counts, jog shuffles, basic card control and things like ATFUS and other switches you will find a lot of material within your reach. There are other harder routines but it depends on your skill level.
Tricky
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricky
thanks for the advice! do you or any other members have a suggestion towards a book or vid of his?
james
Reian
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
117 Posts

Profile of Reian
I like his material a lot. I happen to have Cause and Effect and its an excellent book. Theres some effects in the book that's a little difficult to make the patter and effect logical. So far, the hardest movement that I remember is Faro shuffles, and to palm the bottom card and transfer to second to the top.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
I have his Gordon Diary, and have bought his treatise on the jogshuffle. The latter is a very good instructional tool (he believes too many people really don't do it well enough); the former is a good effect. However, I've restructured it that the first part of the revelation appears to be a simple memorization of the book....the real "gotcha" comes in the cutting of the card, which I use as a criss-cross force. Works nicely for me; YMMV.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
I would certainly recommend Paul Gordon's books for the intermediate card magician. I found four or five routines in Nocturnal Creations that I use regularly. I have got, but not yet read, Protean Card Magic and Cause & Effect, but if the first book is anything to go by then I think I am in for a treat.

Best regards.
David Gardener
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, New Zealand
53 Posts

Profile of David Gardener
His new book professional card magic miracles has some excellent effects plus the treatise on the jogshuffle.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1526 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Get all his books!
also take a look at his 2 lectures on one dvd