The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: One-Handed Pop-Out Move (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I am looking for more info on the One-Handed Pop-Out Move. Who's move is it? Where can I find it in print or video?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
Mark,

It is Aaron Fisher's one hand version of the J.K. Hartmann Pop-Out. I originally learned it off of the hard-to-find Aaron Fisher Video, Control Freak. Since then, it has been taught in his book, The Paper Engine. I also believe that Brian Tudor included it in his video, Show Off 2.

K.C.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Thanks KC, I just picked up The Paper Engine and I'll have to dig out Show Off 2.
Magically,
Mark

Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
It's basically a swingcut but with ring pulling out... eh?
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
It's better described as the one-hand version of the two-handed J.K. Hartman pop-out.

K.C.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
K.C. do you do the move with the whole deck? Or do you just use half the deck?
Magically,
Mark

KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
Hey Mark,

I do it with a full deck and with half the deck. I usually have a card selected, and then I do the pop-out as a card rise. Laymen go "Wow" because they have no clue as to how it's done, magicians tend to go "Wow" because I can actually do the move.

I use half a deck when I do it in both hands. That's when I want to show off for other magicians.

K.C.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I am still having problems with this move— I keep dropping the bottom half of the deck when I do the move. Is there a way for me to prevent this? What might I be doing wrong?
Magically,
Mark

KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
You hold the bottom half with your middle finger. That's how I prevent the bottom half from falling down.

K.C.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Do you use your pinky to help keep that card from swinging to the right?
Magically,
Mark

guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
I saw this pop out move for the first time the other day and I am glad this thread was already in progress so I could find out where to learn it and who's move it is.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Aaron's move also appeared in MAGIC magazine many, many years ago as well. (when Richard Kaufman published a column in it) I am not sure how much, (if at all) the move had changed since he first released it.
ME