The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: Thanks for your support (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-09-03 14:28, Airave wrote: Do you use any of
the supplied music?

I just purchased a portable PA system. I will experiment with it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 09:47, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-08 19:28, AntonDreaming wrote:
I would toss the chairs. There is a good chance that with a trick like that you may be asking to have a repeat of that day. I say thi sonly because of the limitaions of the trick.... not you. You seem to be doing your thing. Keep at it and keep getting us photos!

Anton

What is really wrong with the Chair Suspension? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4xxir9whI

The only real problem I had was that she sags as you remove the chair. Kinda spoiled the illusion for me as gravity isn't supposed to be affecting her.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There are different models that are stronger will be one way to fix that. The other way is if I would have laid her down in more of a perfect spot.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks everybody. I appreciate your support in helping me know the streets in becoming me a busker. I took all your tips and filtered them to how it would work with me being myself.

The ones who were giving me the negative comments posting I was doing everything wrong or could not do it are the ones I want to thank the most. Because you are the ones I wanted to challenge the most. I would not have started trying the streets as fast if it was not for you guys. My main motivation was to prove you guys were wrong. Thanks again.
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Your welcome!!! and by the way, nice suite...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Eduardo. I do not wear those style suits just because I want to be myself. I also wear them to attract more attention because of the colors and designs. It helps to stand out more. Someone posted it is wrong to wear my style clothing because it makes me look like a pimp. That person does not know the crowd will judge you by your character.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2008-09-03 11:36, Dynamike wrote:
"The Thing" was taken out of my act because it needs more practice. The sponge bunnies was first. I always started it with a child as a helper. The Linking Rings were next: http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/D......20Rings/

I often felt that the thing would be good for the street; just curious on what difficulties you
faced in using this. Did you find out during your show that it needs to be taken out or
something you just dropped because you felt it was not ready?

Nice pics btw...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I also took it out of my paid shows. Realistically there is no such thing of a good trick. It all deals with the presentation. I was not getting enough applause because I must not have been doing a good job with the movements. That is where the skill comes in for The Thing. I do have some mime DVDs on my wish list for early next year. I am sure that will fill me in with making the right type of movements I need to present The Thing in more of a stronger manner.

Thanks for your comment about the pictures.