The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Rabbit apparatus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
I need a way to change a toy rabbit (plush) in a real dwarf white rabbit.
Most of the production boxes give the opportunity to make the rabbit appear but not to change an object to another.
I don't want to use the bucket, I would prefer a box.

Any ideas ?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to email Thomas Clark about "The Mini Blam": http://www.magicsax.com/store/page24/page24.html
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
There is a fantastic exchange that can be done by adapting the box of candy to rabbit found in Tarbell volume 5.

The effect is, you place the toy rabbit on the table, whisk a large silk across it and just that fast, it is now a real rabbit. Very visual transposition.

We have adapted one by only using 1/2 of the table top. We have nothing on the table, whisk the silk across the top and a live rabbit appears. It works great. No fumbling or effort required. It gets a great reaction from the audience.

This effect is over 80 years old and I have never seen anyone else doing it. It's easy to make. If you are at all handy with a saw you can whip one up in 2 to 3 hours.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
A mirror box will do the trick....uh...so to speak. Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I had been looking at the "Dove To Rabbit" as advertised on http://www.thetrickery.com and others. I'm sure the principle would also be applicable to stuffed rabbit to real.
But I have to say, the Mini Bam! that Dynamike looks fantastic, and the price is great. That might be my next avenue of exploration.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
The Dove to Rabbit would likely not give you the space required for the toy rabbit.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Keep in mind that it's just a toy rabbit. Pull the stuffing out of it and replace the stuffing with balloons if you really feel you need to. You may just be able to puff it up and fold it flat without the balloons, but if you have to stuff it with balloons, a TT with a TT stuck in the end (Thats a double TT to you) will puncture the balloons so you can squish it down flat. Now you can put the toy in just about any production box for a Rabbit. By covering it over with a flap of black material, you can make the flat toy practically invisible.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Hi Arno

why not a mini-version of Blammo box ? I 've seen a box which is very neer of a blammo box, but in dimensions ok for doves , rabbit or cats. Effect quick and spectacular. I remember Wolf magic build that, but certainly others. A bientot
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I used a rabbit wringer to switch my stuffed toy rabbit into a real one.

Another method I use is a box which I bought from Mephisto Huis many years ago.

It is a box with a handle on top on a small tray. It looks like a lunch box with a rabbit drawing in the front. You place the live rabbit inside, close the front door. Turn the box around the other side and a picture of 2 doves are seen.

When the box is lifted off the tray and opened, 2 live doves are seen inside the box. The rabbit has vanished. This is using the tray method like the vanishing water bowl on tray.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
I have to say that the fake rabbit has a mecanism inside so it does not collapses much.
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
DynaMike is right, Thomas Clark's Mini-Blammo Box is perfect for that effect. You've got to have a small bunny though....Thomas is so good to work with, I'm sure he'd create a custom sized Blamm box built to your specifications for less than most others "off the shelf" price. And, his stuff is First-Class all the way. My bunny weighs in at about 4 lbs (maybe a bit more) and fits very tightly in Clark's mini-blammo.....Your Mileage May Vary.
jawa185
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jawa185
If you use Balloon To Rabbit Box you can change a balloon rabbit in to a real rabbit aparently
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Wolf's Fun House is also great for turning balloon rabbit (or other balloon) into a real rabbit. I agree, however, that Rabbit Wringer is otherwise the way to go(stuffed rabbit to real).
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
You said that you don't want the Bucket...re-think that, Bucket always looks nice and Different! If you insist in a box the Thomas Clark "Mini Blam" looks very nice!
Good luck,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I think the bucket is great, but there are other box type devices available to do what you want.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I agree that the Sucker Take-Apart Box as described would be a pretty good way to accomplish what you desire. The mini-blammo also is great.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The Blammos and Funhouses do have disadvantage of not being able to fully transition from stuffed bunny to real rabbit (except with balloon). You also cannot use what is my favorite realistic rabbit appearance, Barry Mitchell's Presto Pet Production (looks like a real cage). The Wringer and other m***** boxes are what you need . . . Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box would also work