The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Bunny Bucket / Duck Bucket for my rabbit 13.77 inches long (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Hi

I continue my investigations to find a correct Bunny Bucket and not too expansive.

Of course there is Dan Harlan model, very good, but no stock and need to be build (so delay maybe). But it can be an idea (around 450 dollars). To be honest, I find the interior very very deceptive, and the look of the exterior not very nice.

Owen model, certainly one of the best, is very expansive (690 dollars); in stock but too big for a little rabbit middle size. Of course, a smaller cn be made, but delay again...

For mak models : there is 2 models. Duck Bucket and Rabbit Bucket.
At the beginning, I was not interested. On the Bunny Bucket. I found the design of the interior (seen very close on photo) too simple, obvious and the mir... too visible. Like a joke.. At my point of view.

But it seems that the other model, a little larger, Duck Bucket is far far better. Is it? Exterior nicer, look in wood, first point. I seen the video with the child on Daytona Magic. The interior seems very deceptive, and it seems not the same design than the Rabbit Bucket. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the photo of the bunny bucket was bad...don't know.

SO : Someone can say me if there is a real difference of craftsmanship between the 2 Mak Model? About the exterior, but about the deceptiveness too . Of course the rabbit size would be better, but I think that the Duck Bucket can be ok for my rabbit; 13.77 inches long.

Thanks for your help.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2353 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I agree with you that the Harlin Bucket has a very deceptive interior design. The drop-out bottom addition is a good feature on the Harlin bucket , too.

I have one that has seen very light use . (I basically stopped using rabbits or livestock of any kind not too long after I got it , which is a shame since it's a beautiful prop) .

It's sitting in my storage space now and I'd be willing to sell it to you.

PM me if interested.

Click here to view attached image.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2353 Posts

Profile of David Todd
By the way, the attached image in my post above was an image I found of the Harlin bucket online.

The interior is actually even more deceptive looking than is shown in that photo. A spectator can look into the bucket very close up and never see a thing.

If you are interested in buying it I will take close photos of the bucket from all angles if you like and email them to you before you purchase. I will have to get it out of storage , so let me know if you want photos if you're interested in purchasing.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2353 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I have been in contact with Stephane Arnow. He was going to purchase my Harlin Bucket , but the shipping costs from U.S. to France were prohibitively high. Fortunately he was able to locate a suitable bucket at a magic shop in Paris , so all's well that ends well.

However, if anyone is looking for a high-quality , professional Duck/Bunny Bucket I have mine listed for sale in the Café Tricks and Effects For Sale section:

Harlin Duck/Bunny Bucket For Sale

Check it out.

More photos here:

Photos of Harlin Duck Bucket