The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: New Video for your guys to see. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JaY-JaY Pickpocket
Hey guys,

I just added a new video to youtube - so let me know your thoughts - I always do appreciate them.

p.s - someone answer this...do you guys sometimes have bad days as pickpockets? What I mean is that some days you do gigs you get caught a lot more/every time than others? I noticed this last week when I did a gig.

Thanks,

JaY-JaY

Video Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7EbG7-R6cE

- Check out my other promotional videos as well -
Check JaY-JaY Out!
www.youtube.com/jayjayentertainment
www.myspace.com/jayjayentertainment
Facebook - JaY JaY 'josh jayaweera'
Love to hear from you!
Lee Thompson
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Lee Thompson
Hi Jay-Jay,

you asked so here's a few of my thoughts.

I would have liked to see you do less magic and more pick Pocketing as your called "Jay-Jay pickpocket" and more than a Leather strap watch steal, I think you should have gone for the security guys metal strap watch his hands didn't look to wide? and it wouldn't have mattered if he had caught you? just move on.
you commented "where you wallet" or something? and I expected you to have got more than the little clip on badge to be honest.

I used to shy away from metal straps because I was scared of being caught.

I'm currently the Pickpocket in "kooza" cirque du soleil's new show and less and less people I choose or spot before the show seem to have Leather straps and have more Metal style watches,

so I have No choice but to go for metal straps and boy is the pressure on especially as sometimes my first choice volunteer moves seat or has gone to the toilet or just gone? and I have to instantly pick another volunteer without knowing what or if he has anything to steal from his pockets or the style of watch he has? the show is live in front of 2000 ish Audience members so all eyes are on me and the guy in the Ring watching any slight move that I make!

I've only got one chance so I cant be as picky as I would like to be so I have to just go for it.

it does'nt always work out the way I would like but the show must go on and I have to use my improv skills to get me out of what might occur?.

so just go for it more and more it can only get better ?

every volunteer is completely different so the result will never be 100% the same.

you have got to Fail to succeed.

Kind Regards

Lee Thompson
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
I wanted to see some more pickpocket as well. I think you are waiting for the right time to do the pick while doing magic(for long),its not wrong of course but you should also make the right moment yourself(more),not just expect .
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Hi Doruk and Lee,

Thankyou for your honest critique. Most performers can not handle positive thoughts so thank you.

Lee I do agree on your thoughts, (I should have shows more pickpocketing throughout the video,) so I do believe I shall film some more.

Thanks again mate.

Any other thoughts everyone else.

JaY-JaY
Check JaY-JaY Out!
Love to hear from you!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
JaY-JaY Pickpocket
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

As you have been doing this for a while Lee...what would your thoughts be on taking every item? If you know it would be a tough watch to get...would you always still go for it? Like yes I know...you get caught move on....however I do believe it is about audience management when your a pickpocket. Yes we can take it all - though maybe not everything for each situation.

I do believe I should have taken more of this guy - though for me he had a button on the back of the pants holding the wallet and had a wide wrist...so I thought naa do not worry about it.

I did take a few clasp watches that night, however I did get caught twice. I wouldn't think I should put this on youtube...

tell me your thoughts?

thx mate.
Check JaY-JaY Out!
Love to hear from you!
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I think your interaction with the spectators is fantastic. You put a lot of charm and personality into it and you can tell the spectators are enjoying it.

I won't tell you to do more pickpocketing simply because it's your act, not mine. You entertained, and that's what counts. I don't much care what the balance of pickpocketing to magic is as long as you put on a good show.

Keep up the good work dude.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I saw JaY do 30 minutes on Tuesday night for a VERY casual crowd. He stole 6 watches, four wallets, two mobiles, a packet of cigarettes, a pen, a tie (twice), a napkin(!), a pair of underpants Smile and a shirt.

He did two small magic tricks.