The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Hypnotism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Anyone who thinks hypnosis "doesn't exist" or or can't be detected as being any different than normal waking consciousness should reed Hypnosis: The Application Of Ideomotor Techniques by David B. Cheek, M.D. In Chapter 6 (entitled "Trance Phenomena"), he gives no less than SEVENTEEN indications of varying levels of trance states.
Millard123
View Profile
Regular user
Millard Longman
174 Posts

Profile of Millard123
The disagreement between State and Non-State theorists revolves around whether there is a measurable difference between a hypnotized person and a non-hypnotized person. There is no disagreement about whether or not hypnosis exists; both sides agree that hypnosis does exist. They disagree about whether hypnosis is a different “State” of mind when viewed from a physiological perspective.

A brief statement of the situation is that the physical responses of hypnotized and non-hypnotized persons are indistinguishable from one another. Measures of pulse rate, blood pressure, respiration rate, and pupil dilation, sensitivity to changes in physical pressure, temperature, light, sound, smell, and taste are all identical for the two groups.

This hardly means that hypnosis does not exist; it is simply an objective observation of physical responses.

Millard
Millard Longman

See all my products at:
www.mevproshop.com
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
That's interesting, Millard123. May I ask where you got your data.

Peter
Millard123
View Profile
Regular user
Millard Longman
174 Posts

Profile of Millard123
Please see “They Call It Hypnosis” by Robert A. Baker. In chapter three of this book you will find a large amount of research by both state and non-state theorists including references to their published research.

Millard
Millard Longman

See all my products at:
www.mevproshop.com
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
Millard123,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Peter