The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Iphone tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Found it. Wasn't checking iTunes (duh). Thanks much.

Ted
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Wow, this is the weakest "magic" I've ever seen. Seriously.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Gary,

I'd agree as far as magic goes, but I'm pretty sure it's not intended as such, but more of a fun "gimmick" on the iphone. It would be hard to use it as a magic effect, when you have to complete the "game" first. Just a fun thing to play with on the phone.

Ted
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Gary, that's where your imagination should come in. Everybody knows about it, but few can pour the beer out for real. Think...

Hehe, Hottrix must have read my post because I just received an email from them. I have to take back all I have said regarding iBeer being just a video. Apparently iBeer 2.0's animation is fully controllable via iPhone's accelerometer. Foam is even increased when shaken.

But still the animation is a bit slow when you drink. iPint is a bit more realistic.
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Studying the two, have to say iBeer is more realistic looking, but on the other hand I like the ad on the glass for iPint. The iPhone looks more like a glass that way.
Yours,

Ivan
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Ivan,

Since hottrix contacted you, you should try to sell your ideas to them for the iphone.

Ted
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Which issue of Magic had the free link to the download effects for the Iphone? I cant remember...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but Jason Palter's iKnow will work on the iPhone. It's availabe through his website, http://www.paltergeist.com, or your favorite dealer.
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Eric,

Thanks for sharing that. It looks interesting. I'm amazed that they need 55 mins on a DVD to talk about it, so there must be some substance to it. I'm not really into the mentalist approach, but certainly worth checking out even to do it for friends. And for $20, it's worth a gamble.

Ted
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Recently downloaded some free apps from the apple itunes sight and the IPint is a cool free game which also enables you to fill your IPhone with a pint of beer then drink it.
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Quote:
On 2008-07-20 18:34, Craig Crossman wrote: Tcted,

You can read my national newspaper column on some iPhone tricks here:

http://www.computeramerica.com/content/c......1-28.htm

They work on both generation iPhones. While they're not really "Magic" tricks, they are tricks in that they do fool people into thinking something strange is happening on your iPhone. My personal favorite is iGoldfish.

Craig Crossman
This could be a GREAT walkaround tie-in to a live goldfish production, like David Stone's from Real Secrets #2.

Or the iBeer for a water to beer....
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Shane Lawson
View Profile
New user
West Virginia
10 Posts

Profile of Shane Lawson
I saw my friend play the iPint and a couple of the others, and I have to say it's kind of fun for a few cheap laughs on a two hundred dollar telephone. Makes me feel bad with my pathetic free phone that I got with my plan. I suppose I'm 'unhip'.
~Shane.
<BR>
<BR>“Logic only gives man what he needs...Magic gives him what he wants."
<BR>~Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
<BR> - Benjamin Disraeli
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 15:19, Hart Keene wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-24 15:27, Hart Keene wrote:
Which issue of Magic had the free link to the download effects for the Iphone? I cant remember...

bump... Anyone?

Hart,

It is in the May '08 issue of Magic Magazine... pages 73-79

Ted
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Thanks bud...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 04:20, tcted wrote:
Anybody here use any of the iphone tricks? I was curious if they are worth getting and if they are still compatible with the new iphone as well.

I do have a few of the gadget "tricks" for the iPhone. They mostly are just cute and not magic effects... However, I think magicians think outside the box more than most and can make them into magic effects somehow... like having some actual beer flow from the "iPhone" when you tilt it, etc.

I have done several shows for Apple and came up with numerous tricks... some are not compatible with the iPhone, however, check out:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkpFLC7wQg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkpFLC7wQg</a>

This is an actual effect you might like... basically, a card is chosen, the iPhone/iPod freaks out, you SCAN with your device and then their card appears digitally on your hand. Enjoy. Cheers, R
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Rich, watched the video demo and that is a very cool effect!

Big Brain Studios also has a couple of fun card reveals. I got one that I thought meshed well with my skewed sense of humor.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/