The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Wild Animal Questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
They are impressive, but I couldn't even imagine how much the liability insurance would be to have these in an act on top of the expense of every thing else involved!
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
A bit of trivia. Durng a photo shoot in Philadelphia of the Dick Foster Production of Spellbound, featuring the Pendragons and Carlton & Company, Carlton's 500 pound Bengal tiger Toby was acting up. Pulling at his chain and showing his teeth, and I mean TEETH", Dick Foster yelled out a command for someone to get the trainer. My partner Sally and I were directly in front of Toby who was on the edge of the stage and we were standing on the floor directly in front of the stage. Sally was horrified and getting ready to run. Obviouisly that would have been a serious error in judgement. At that moment the trainer came out from behind the curtains bringing a sigh of relief to most of us who were there. As he walked toward us we noticed that he was dragging his left leg and his left arm appeared to have something wrong with it which was evident by its lack of movement. Sally exclaimed that he must have been mulled which was obvious. He calmed Tody down and we never exited a venue so fast as we did that day, It wa like looking death directly in the face and living to tell about it.
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Few know that I worked with big cats for years, just not in magic as I didn't want to do anything compared to S&R. Yes, cats are impressive but if you want to take care of it yourself... think of it as caring for a special needs 3 year old that can possibly kill you for the rest of your life.

Yes, you could get a handler or "Rent-a-cat" but I would think that with the laws getting stricter on exhibition and the insurance getting steeper, ANYTHING would be a better answer

You would do well to listen to the interview with Rick Thomas whose opinion a greatly respect. He discuses "renting" cats and he's speaking as a total pro who does this on a daily basis.

http://www.linkingpage.com/magicnewsfeed......mas.html

Click here to view attached image.
Ray Pierce
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Ray, you never cease to amaze us. WOW!
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.