The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Magic Show... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Forgive me for placing this on multiple places on The Café, but here goes...

Ring 122, The Silent Mora Ring of the International Brotherhood of Magicians is having a show this Saturday. Ring members will be performing for the general public in Brookline, MA.

One performance only on Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:30 PM at the Puppet Showplace Theater, 32 Station Street, Brookline MA 02445. The Puppet Showplace is across from Green Line D Brookline Village T Stop, with nearby parking and dining for those interested in eating both before and after the performance.

Wheelchair accessible. Tickets $10 – Family $25 (3 or 4 members)

Reservations, call Tom & Debbie O’Carroll 978 462-9954
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Good luck with your show!

Mark. Smile
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
The show went off pretty well. Lots of lessons learned about staging such an event, from start to end. Next time will be better and folks are really enthusiastic about doing this again.

Personally, I had a great time, and managed to get through my routine with a few incidents that no-one else seemed to notice. I need to work more on my script, as I missed some opportunities for humor and to build suspence.

I think staging such things is a great activity for clubs and provides an opportunity for folks who might not have the venue, or the courage, to perform for the general public.
Marty Sasaki

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Congratulations Marty, it sounds like it was a fun time.
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings,

Marty, great news that your show went so well and that you and the rest of the folks are enthusiastic about doing it again. Congratulations on what sounds like it was a terrific time.

Keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Good Luck!

Bob and Lucy
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Thanks for the kind words, both here and via PM. It is much appreciated.

Plans are already in process with a "performance committee" for a fall show, possibly pre-Halloween (can you say "spook show?") and maybe a larger venue.

I hope that it grows into several shows a year.

I'm also encouraged enough by this to do a bit of busking this summer. Performing was great, and not as intimidating as I thought it would be.
Marty Sasaki