The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring flight noise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I've just recently got a ring flight. The reel is silent enough, but it makes a really loud noise when it reaches the wallet. it's like WHAPPOW!. Is this common to all ring flights. How do you cover this?

Many Thanks,
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Cough? Get a sponge pad to deaden noise? Buy "Just IN Case" (No reel)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5454 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You are probably letting the ring travel much too far and too fast! Most handlings I know of have the ring traveling only a few (less than 5 or 6 inches). Dan Tong’s is a good example. Dick Barry’s routine has the ring traveling maybe three or four inches (or less).

You should have a small rubber tube “bumper” to absorb the impact of the ring (and helping keep the stone in place!).

Or better yet buy “Just IN Case” and don’t worry about sound or ring damage or loss!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I have El Duco's and it is perfect but know what you mean about the impact once reeled in. My solution is to bed the key case well into my trouser pocket. once the ring reaches it, the sound is absorbed quite a lot and you cant hardly hear it.

It doesn't matter how much reel you have - it will still make the same level of impact noise. I have my case in my back right trouser pocket, I thread the line around my body and vanish the ring in my left hand. So the ring actually travels quite a distance around my body - yet I still hardly get any noise.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I go to the IBM/SAM Combined Convention for a "Just in Case"!!!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Porper will be there and should have some in stock. If you can, you should go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and email him to bring and save one for you.
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
I totally agree with PRINCE and use the Ring Flite in exactly the same way. As long as the key case is well into the back pocket the friction on entering the pocket will slow the ring down. On occasions it will lodge outside the pocket but this is self corrected by the removal of the ring case.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Do people really thread this through their sleeves etc
I just have it fly past my hip, and into the case

looking forward to getting your dvds soon james!
russ is on the case to sort me some mirror cards.
cheers mate
matt wainwright
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The original, pre-Koran ring flight- was from sleeve to pocket.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Get Interlace from Richard Sanders. I personally own Just IN Case, an El Duco Ring Flight, and Interlace. I can say that BY FAR Interlace is the superior product.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I have actually also found that by keeping my arm tight against my body the retraction is also slowed quite a bit by the friction created by my arm and this really reduces the noise.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
You can see my el duco ring flight performance about half way into this........
http://youtube.com/user/mattwainwrightcom