The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Suggestions on a Dice Routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Well, we recorded the video yesterday. In general it went very well, although it required a couple of takes in some spots. I was so busy yesterday that by the time we started at 5:00 I'd had only two granola bars to eat and some water to drink all day!

Everyone enjoyed the dice routine: thanks again, Pete!

I'll probably be editing the tape next week and will have the finished version in a couple of weeks; maybe I'll get ambitious and post it on Youtube.

When I first thought about filing at the Castle I contacted Rich Cowley (You'll find him here, but rarely.) to get permission and make the arrangements. Rich and I have been friends for many years, and he was quite helpful in arranging everything. Or so I thought.

When I arrived yesterday Rich was there waiting for my videographer and me. He helped us set up the Parlour of Prestidigitation, grabbing table, chairs, even water for me! He had numerous suggestions about technical aspects of the taping, and he even stood watch outside to ensure that no other guests would interrupt us while my show was being taped. When we finished, he offered to do a show for my guests - my audience - while the videographer and I packed up everything and hauled it out. As I said, I thought that Rich was helpful in arranging everything, but that was nothing compared to his helpfulness and professionalism when we arrived. Rich is definitely a class act, and not merely when he has a deck of cards in his hand.
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
I get some good reactions with the Bob Sheet's "It's the rules" routine for walk around type performing. I pretty much copied his handling, but I've embellished the patter to fit what I want to portray with the routine. I also like his handling. Very clean with no major twisting (e.g., sacks) unlike some of the dice handling I've seen. I am not in your performing league, but I think this is a solid suggestion and worth looking into if you are not familiar with it.
Rolly
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Go Hank Lee, new effect, called Dice Matrix.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Mystery of The Traveling Marbles....
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Paul Gertner has a really nice routine with dice. You can find it in his book and on his Steel & Silver DVD set.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Five words: Bob Sheets' "It's the Rules"
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I love to use dice to force a number. In fact, I haven't done that in nearly 48 hours!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com