The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Matthew J Dowden 2008 Lecture Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mattthew Dowden ( you know him from the PARTY ANIMAL DVD set ) announced in another thread that he is making his 2008 lecture notes avialable.

It's about 34 pages and Matthew says there are brand new effects plus hints and tips on getting a residency ( full time restaurant gig ), building a crowd at trade shows and also getting the best possible reactions to your magic.

They'll be e-mailed in PDF format and the cost is £10 which is about $20 American and you can pay through Paypal. If you're interested PM Matthew on the Café at mjdowden or e-mail info@matthewjdowden.com and he'll give you all the details.

Party Animal DVD review here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=111&48
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Got this yesterday and it is brilliant.Brilliant tricks and sound advice.Three of the tricks are going straight into my repertoire and I'll be working on some of the others.My favourite is the first effect Underage Gambling a great sucker effect with automatic suspense built in.
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
I would also like to add to the praise of these notes. Ideas are great and not too difficult. I should also mention that there is information on gaining a residency as well as Getting the Best Reaction which I both found very valuable. Also, Matthew is a great guy and is has been great with answering any questions I had with his material!

PM him or Paypal him at info@matthewjdowden.com
frankw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of frankw
I always liked to read lecture notes. I ordered it from Matthew and his lecture notes are really great! It is workers material and all none tricks ideas in there are really great!
I have to say also that I get some other brilliant notes from the UK! I can only recommand the John Carey Notes on the highest level as possible!

Frank
MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Profile of MiketheMagicDude
So much good material in these notes. A great supplement to his videos. I highly recommend all Matthew's material.
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Can someone list whats in the notes?
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I would also like to hear what is included in the notes. They sound great!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I really enjoyed Matthew's notes and give them my highest recommendation.

The tricks are wonderful - Underage Gambling went straight in to my repertoire, but the advice is quite honestly priceless!

I know saying something is "worth the price of the book" is an overused cliche in magic, but in this case, Matthew's advice on "Getting the best Reaction" really is worth many times the asking price.

If you've seen Matthew perform, live or on his DVD's, you'll quickly realise that this man knows a thing or two about getting great reactions. In his notes he spends 8 or 9 pages analysing exactly how you too can achieve this in your own performances.

Plus, good advice on getting a residency, building a crowd during trade shows and much more!

Iain.
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Ok can someone list the tricks in the e-book?
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hi Lil Magic

Effect wise it is:

Anniversary Waltz
Underage Gambling
Watch This (Card under watch presentation)
Presentation for Wayne Dobson's Revelation
Matthew's Hot Shot Routine
The Card Locator
Matthew's Combination Force
New Card To Any Number

Hope this helps. The only thing in there that's also on Party Animal is Anniversary Waltz.

Cheers

Matthew