The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
The BMW key looks like a U.S. one (to me, anyway). A great prop!

Cheers,
Jerry
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Has anyone had any experience with Bob Solari's "Ultimate Ring Capture" funny thing is, it is not on Bob's web site, I could only find it at Hank Lee's site, I posted the direct link below, it looks interesting and inexpensive.

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=1
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Great info here thanks!
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Check out Flying Ring - Gaetan Bloom
No reel, the ring is always under perfect control.
Works perfect every time.
I use this with Michael Closes routine which provides all the cover you will need.
braabesflaben
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of braabesflaben
I use "exit"by Peter Eggink. I think it makes more sense to make a ring appear on a rope around your neck than in your wallet.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2010-03-21 00:29, jerdunn wrote:
The BMW key looks like a U.S. one (to me, anyway). A great prop!

Cheers,
Jerry

I second this
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
petethegrate
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of petethegrate
This is only my second posting on the forum and I was looking the threads on Flying Ring and all discussions re the actual mechanics etc. but very little on presentation. It appears to me that many magicians are still only interested in the clever method or the smart gimmick rather than the presentation and entertainment value. The public want to be entertained and have fun – along with the magic of course.

Well before many of you were born I did the Flying Ring. Ring in hand vanishes and appears in key fob in pocket using the accepted method of a r***. It constantly died a death just because I hadn’t learned the lesson that entertainment must come first.

Around 1985(?) I published in a booklet my routine for a dealer’s version of Flying Ring. (Gosh, all those years ago!). I would only mention that it isn’t the usual apparatus. I thought I would make my handling available to you all but not mentioning the originators name here so that you wont dismiss it out of hand before taking a look. When receiving the props the routine given was ‘minimal’ to say the very least but I worked on it and created a routine that has served me well in table-hopping for many years. I am aware that many will dismiss it out of hand and also my style of presentation may not suit everybody but I can assure you that the routine is practical, entertaining, fun and baffling.

At the end of my routine I say “The more you present the effect the more you will become used to sizing up the situation and planning your moves before you start. The entire sequence is BOLD and not really for the timid, but once you have presented it and enjoyed your audience reaction then you will be hooked for life.”

Here is a link to the PDF file of pages concerned. I hope this works, as it’s the first time I’ve tried this. Post a reply if it doesn't work and I will try again.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57722995/FLYING%20RING.pdf
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Old thread... I was wondering what is the best ring flight at the moment?
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4195 Posts

Profile of warren
Most swear by propdogs ringflight revolution however personally I would never put a spectators ring on a reel and prefer versions that don't use a reel and prefer Pro Flite myself
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Big fan of Flite at Ellusionist. He doubt there is a best since pros and cons of each.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3699 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I’ve been using Ringflight Revolution and I think it’s the best reel unit available. I also have and use Steve Dusheck’s Ringer - this imo is the best ring flight without a reel