The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Clowning around :: confetti bucket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
hat trick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of hat trick
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for making and/or using a confetti bucket.
Thanks.
HT
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hey, I love messy fun! Okay, this is not a pro bucket, but you can make an envelope of sorts and tape it to the top half of one side. Then when you add water, stay below the envelope and pour the water from the other side then when you're heading for the crowd, switch sides and let them have it! I would think thin plastic and electric tape would work well. Oh, how about DUCK tape? LOL! Confetti should be torn and not cut to prevent paper cuts, and should be 1" in size.
mr.t.ricks
View Profile
New user
CARDIFF SOUTH WALES
43 Posts

Profile of mr.t.ricks
Here is my contribution, get a plastic bucket and a piece of white or grey one and a half inch diameter drain pipe about three feet long, cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket big enough to fit the pipe on one side of the bucket, on the inside place a partition made from a piece of plastic, this is to hold the confetti, stand it with the pipe on the grass and pour the water in the side that has not got the confetti in it. The water will drain out of the pipe, you then make your way over to the crowd turning the bucket as you go, then tip the confetti over them Smile Smile Smile
regards to all

MR.T.RICKS
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hi Mr Tricks,
Your version is different then the confetti bucket's I have worked with, we throw a little water first in the direction of the clown I am chasing, then the confetti in the audience. Your idea is very clever though, if you have a place for the water to drain, they watch you pour the water in. A double bottomed bucket with a slit on one side would work if you didn't have the drain.
smile4wandini
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of smile4wandini
Hi,
I went to Home Depot, I bought a new paint can... I do a trick where the kids throw imaginary colors at me, I wipe them off into a can, (acting) then at the end of the show, throw streamers, fly out as I use a tossing motion. I made a fun label on my computer for it. Smile Smile
www.smilephoto.com
The Great Wandini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just got a confetti bucket in the mail...it has a cork in the bottom that has a water leak.....should I put silicone around the cork? Don't even know why they made it like this, I would rather just turn the bucket over and let it drain. Bought it used and have no idea where to buy a small cork like the one in the bottom of the bucket.

Thanks for help!

Wayne
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of silking
Silicone should do the job. New corks can be had at your local hardware.
Silking
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Lowe's have any size cork that you would need in drawers by the bolts and screws.
Jerry Smile
DamarcoMagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DamarcoMagic
I am very disappointed with the confetti bucket. The chamber you pour the water in is way too small. I don't know why they made it that way because you cannot make it look natural like you are just pouring water into it. For the cost I paid for it, it is very disappointing.