The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Money Starring Jay Noblezada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 22:56, truthteller wrote:
How is it different from the one that was marketed years ago or the one on which Ammar's was based?

The new one is performed by an urban dwelling, street smart, hit 'em hard, serving up a facial, magic dude. That's the difference. Who wouldn't want to be Jay Nobledzada?
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-05-23 15:46, konjurer wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-23 15:01, magicman4646 wrote:
How is Insta-Cash different from Fred Kaps Flash Cash?

I'm not that familiar with Flash Cash but the examples I've found are not like Insta Cash. Insta Cash is two ungimmicked credit cards. You show both sides of the credit cards. You then stack the cards together. You fan the two cards slowly and shake (lightly) as a $100 bill is produced from between the two credit cards.

Is it just me, Or does it seem like every time Penguin (Or some of the other companys) Put out a new DVD, Some cat with less than 20 posts shows up raving about how great it is.

If you guys who are putting up these reviews have some sort of affiliation with the company's putting them out, STOP it already! This kind of stuff is pretty freaking low.

I don't think there is anyone who got Money (Myself included) who would give it a good review.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I actually downloaded this, watched a little over half, and then deleted it. I couldn't stand watching any longer.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
They had it easy with me as I wanted the DVD to be good. I watched it 2 times and was annoyed, bored, etc.

If you're going to take effects without permisson, at least take the good versions.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
394 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 11:25, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not that familiar with Flash Cash but the examples I've found are not like Insta Cash. Insta Cash is two ungimmicked credit cards. You show both sides of the credit cards. You then stack the cards together. You fan the two cards slowly and shake (lightly) as a $100 bill is produced from between the two credit cards.

Is it just me, Or does it seem like every time Penguin (Or some of the other companys) Put out a new DVD, Some cat with less than 20 posts shows up raving about how great it is.

If you guys who are putting up these reviews have some sort of affiliation with the company's putting them out, STOP it already! This kind of stuff is pretty freaking low.

I don't think there is anyone who got Money (Myself included) who would give it a good review.

Pretty freaking low?

First off, I have no affiliation with Penguin. It's a new DVD so I thought I would take the time to write up a nice detailed review so other people could buy it or shy away from it. I even took the time to shoot a video of the $2 Window which I thought was the strongest effect. Sorry you didn't like or appreciate it.

Secondly, you're right I don't post a lot on the Café. I do post frequently on other sites and I blog about magic. Does having a low post count on THIS site disqualify me from having an opinion?

I thought I gave it a pretty honest review. Under my "Degree of Difficulty" section I clearly stated that this was targeted for beginners. I didn't give it a 10 out of 10. I gave it a 7 out of 10. I wrote that "if you already know some of this material, you might give it a *much* lower score than I."

I didn't have most of the material that's on the DVD so it was a good value for me. I stated "for someone who doesn't have a lot of money tricks in their toolbox, this is a great value."

I pointed out some of the warts. I pointed out that Alpha Cash is not as strong as other Easy Money-type effects. I stated that some of the effects are "ho-hum." I said the Pyshic Steal was "nothing new or groundbreaking." I implied that the Torn and Restored Bill would require a drunk spectator in order to pull it off and that his performance was bad. I explained that Noblezada didn't credit every trick during the instruction.

I also gave plenty of supporting comments on why I thought the DVD was good. I just didn't say "heh, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!" and provide no supporting information.

I think some "cats" lose sight of the fact that not everyone has been into magic for decades. Not everyone has acquired a vast library of books, tapes and DVDs. For a beginner or someone looking to get into money magic, this appears to be a good collection to start with. Sorry, I don't think providing my honest opinion in a review is being "pretty freaking low."
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If I like something, I'm told I only give good reviews to kiss up to the big boys.
I don't like something, I'm told I don't know what I'm talking about.

You take a risk when you review anything.

konjurer said the effect wet from "From jaw dropping to ho-hum". I thought he made a fine attempt at sharing his honest feelings.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-06-10 01:29, konjurer wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-09 11:25, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty freaking low?

First off, I have no affiliation with Penguin. It's a new DVD so I thought I would take the time to write up a nice detailed review so other people could buy it or shy away from it. I even took the time to shoot a video of the $2 Window which I thought was the strongest effect. Sorry you didn't like or appreciate it.

Secondly, you're right I don't post a lot on the Café. I do post frequently on other sites and I blog about magic. Does having a low post count on THIS site disqualify me from having an opinion?

I thought I gave it a pretty honest review. Under my "Degree of Difficulty" section I clearly stated that this was targeted for beginners. I didn't give it a 10 out of 10. I gave it a 7 out of 10. I wrote that "if you already know some of this material, you might give it a *much* lower score than I."

I didn't have most of the material that's on the DVD so it was a good value for me. I stated "for someone who doesn't have a lot of money tricks in their toolbox, this is a great value."

I pointed out some of the warts. I pointed out that Alpha Cash is not as strong as other Easy Money-type effects. I stated that some of the effects are "ho-hum." I said the Pyshic Steal was "nothing new or groundbreaking." I implied that the Torn and Restored Bill would require a drunk spectator in order to pull it off and that his performance was bad. I explained that Noblezada didn't credit every trick during the instruction.

I also gave plenty of supporting comments on why I thought the DVD was good. I just didn't say "heh, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!" and provide no supporting information.

I think some "cats" lose sight of the fact that not everyone has been into magic for decades. Not everyone has acquired a vast library of books, tapes and DVDs. For a beginner or someone looking to get into money magic, this appears to be a good collection to start with. Sorry, I don't think providing my honest opinion in a review is being "pretty freaking low."

First of all, If your not affiliated with penguin, Then my post was not directed at you. If someone is affiliated with Penguin and posted a positive reveiw to try to up sales of a Ho-hum product. Then that is pretty freaking low and I think you would agree as such.

Second of all, I do have this and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone over say.... Bobo's modern coin magic (For beginners or those who don't have it) And from the majority of the reviews here I don't believe I'm alone.

But its all good man.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Would I be able to perform with English notes if I buy mone by Jay Noblezada. thanks.