The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Magical Odyssey needs your support.. AGAIN. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hello All,

As most of you know my father passed away just over a month ago. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=61&57

Tragedy has struck my family yet again. My Unlce passed yesterday afternoon from cancer. To top it all off My mother has just (at 2pm) been rushed by ambulance to a hospital a little over an hour away. All I know is that she fell badly when going into the magic rooms to grab a costume. There are 4 cuts in her knee, the longest 12.5 centimeters. the other 3 are all over 8 Cm.

All this in the last month, and tomorrow I leave the country for a little while. Of course Mom being unable to walk, I have no clue what we will do when I leave the country.

All thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Daniel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Daniel,

Of course our thoughts and prayers are with you this time as well. Keep in mind that what ever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Life is sucking right now I bet but I can promise you that you will get through it and be ok.

Hang in there my friend!

Best,

Tim
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Hi, Daniel...

Man, I can only imagine how difficult things have been since your Dad died, and now this?! Life just isn't kind sometimes.

If you think she'd welcome it, I'd like to send your Mom a book to help her deal with the loss of your Dad. If you'll PM me with your address, I'll mail it to her.

Godspeed on your travels, and blessings on you and your Mom.

Donal
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Wow Daniel, what a run, but the bright side is a lot of people do say things happen in 3s and now that 3 things have happened you won't have to worry. OK, I know that was a dumb way to look at things, but you know me.

If you like, I am going to Kitchener 2x this month and can stop in and check up on her if you'd like...how long are you going away for and when do you leave (you can PM me the info).
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Bill I leave right now. I will be back next week. then I go again for another week.

She will be staying at a friends

the book sounds like a good idea
ill give you my address once I get back, as I am on my way out.

Daniel
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Good luck, buddy. Sorry to hear about the tough times. Hang in there. I'll be pulling for you and your family.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks Justin.

I got home this evening from a magic lecture, to find my mom was back in the hospital for blood clotting.

Daniel
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Daniel -

Again, sorry to hear about the stuggles you are experiencing.

I'm praying for you!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.