The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Henning ring on rope (carson) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
I was wondering if anyone who knew the source for the ring on rope that Doug Henning did on Carson. I know more or less how it works but would love to read the routine.

The twilight part is great.

Matt
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
It is by Doug Bennet, I believe. I used to have it...I got it from Tannen's. It's probably still around here....somewhere. lol
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
It was issued as a "New Stars of Magic" pamphlet, as I recall.. I lost the manuscript, still have the ring (durn, I dropped it recently, and it cracked - though it was about 15 years old...) and I have the red felt ribbon. It was a great effect. You might be able to find the manuscript around since many magic shops often have a bunch of older books, tricks and manuscripts lying around waiting to be rediscovered.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5454 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The trick was called “Bewildering”. It was indeed a Doug Bennet invention and looked great on the Carson show being performed by Doug Henning.

It is part of the New Stars of Magic Series (Vol 2, Number 2) published by Tannen’s Magic. It is still sold by Tannen’s of New York City and comes with everything you need.

It is a sit-down effect and not the easiest to learn and perform but once learned, you have a very magical routine.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
So it looked great on the carson show, but does it look great in person.

Seemed a little angly (maybe similiar to twilight that you can only show it to a few people at a time.

Matt
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-03-23 07:42, Harry Murphy wrote:
The trick was called “Bewildering”. It was indeed a Doug Bennet invention and looked great on the Carson show being performed by Doug Henning.

It is part of the New Stars of Magic Series (Vol 2, Number 2) published by Tannen’s Magic. It is still sold by Tannen’s of New York City and comes with everything you need.

It is a sit-down effect and not the easiest to learn and perform but once learned, you have a very magical routine.

Harry,

Can you help an old guy out, please. I went to Tannen's and did a search under "Search by Magic Trick Name" for "Bewildering" and I was unable to find the item. A search under "Key Words" for "ring off rope" did not achieve any better result.

Would you post a hotlink to this item, please.

Thanks a lot.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.