The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Bill Baker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Hello, I met Bill Baker yesterday and forgot to ask him when he was President. So I'll ask you guys. When was Bill Baker President of the FCM?
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
A while ago....
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
... let me see, I think Brother Bill was president in 2001 and 2002. Can someone please confirm?

Oh, have you checked the national site http://www.fcm.org? There may be a listing of past presidents and their terms.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-13 18:15, Joe Marotta wrote:
A while ago....

hahahahaha...

I just checked the FCM site, and I couldn't find any list.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
According to "What a Fellowship", a history of the Fellowship of Christian Magicians:

Rev Bill Baker, North Brunswick New Jersey January 1, 1970 - December 31, 1971 (2 yrs.)

Rev Bill Baker, Hollywood, Florida January 1, 1996 - December 31, 1999 (4 yrs.)

He is also listed as Editor of the Conjurer, 1974-1975 and National Recording Secratary 1968-1969

Hope this info helps.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

That's very helpful. Thank you Phill.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
My pleasure, Ethan.

I would highly reccomend reading the book "What A Fellowship" to anyone in the FCM. Although it is a history of the FCM, and some of it may not necessarily be "rivetting reading", it was very helpful in helping me appreciate where we are as a fellowship and from where we came.

Those who went before us were faithful. They are examples to us all.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Where can I get a copy? lol, I just saw Jerry Burgess, Bill Baker, and Ed Jarvis and never thought to ask any of them. I have some video of Jerry doing a table levitation. The video is not very good, but if anyone would like to see it you can PM and I'll gladly oblige.
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Looking for Bill's current phone #. The FCM mail center has one on file but it doesn't work. PM me if you can help.

Thanks,
Kerry
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Ethan
You can e-mail Mike Stenberg at mailcenter@fcm.org. to order "What a Fellowship" If you are going to the Convention in July you can pick one up there.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I have a great Bill Baker story. I was the magic assistant to John de Vries, a past-president of FCM, in 1971. John was a full time Gospel magician and wonderful Christian. I remember John took me to the FCM convention I believe in New York state in 1971, and saw Bill Baker perform a fantastic Gospel version of "sands of the desert." I don't know if Bill ever put it into print, I still remember it all these years later. As Bill took each chunk of dry colored sand out of the water bowl, I remember him wiping his hands on a similar colored towel. At the end of the routine, the black water turned clear. Beautiful, all tied in with Scripture.