The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Pothole trick question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
edlandau
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of edlandau
I'm looking for help with Michael Close's pothole trick. It is hard to describe my issue without going into details in this forum. Is there someone / someplace I could describe my question?

Thanks,
-Ed
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I see you're new here. Once you have 50 productive posts under your belt, you'll find a forum called "Secret Sessions"

That's where you should ask your question, or someone can help you out via Private Message.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
edlandau
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of edlandau
How is "productive" defined? Smile. Ok... I'll see if I can answer any of the other posts...
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Ed--

You may also try doing a Café search for "Michael Close pothole trick" and see what else has been posted. If your specific issue isn't addressed, you'd at least be able to find other Café members who are experienced with the trick.

Then you can send a private message to one of these members. Explain your questions, and give a brief outline of the method to the trick so that s/he will know that you're legitimate.

I've done this a couple of times, and people can be very helpful around here.

I'd offer advice myself, but even though I'm familiar with the workings of the pothole trick, I've never performed it regularly in the real world.

Good luck,
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Hi Ed

I'm also familiar with M. Close's Pothole. Just PM me with your question if you like.

Vidar
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Productive posts are posts that either Ask or Answer a question OR...that offers some bit of information that you feel others will find useful. That's all.

Postings like: Whow! That's cool! Or, "I agree with that." Etc. may be supportive, but they are not particularly productive. Hope that helps.

If the task seems overwhelming, don't let it be. The journey is worth the effort as the Café as a source of information on magic is possibly the best thing of its type ever conceived. I constantly do searches for things that interest me and in only 2 cases was I unable to find anything. Best,
Brad Burt