The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: P&H Scam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Is there a Postage & Handling scam going on in the Magic retail business? Sometimes when I order something and pay for a specific shipping fee base on number of days it takes to be shipped out and it does not always get shipped out that day, the next day, or even the next week, and therefore I feel I am being over charged for something I am not getting.

What exactly are they charging us for anyway? If they give a price base on shipping days, then I assume that the product is being shipped that day or the next business day. Suppose I choose Priority Mail 3-5 business days, then I expect the product to be leaving either that day or the next business day. A lot of times this does not happen, sometimes the product does not get shipped out until a week or two after the order has been placed. Therefore, I feel we are being overcharged!

If the order is not in stock at that point and cannot be ship out within reasonable time frame for whatever reason then they absolutely should not charge P$H base on the number of shipping days!

If they are charging base on the weight of the product then fine I can understand that.

I can understand that they cannot always shipped out the product as fast as we want them to, but at least let us know in advance that the shipment is going to be late. Give us an estimate of when it will be shipped out, I might want to choose the lowest shipping charge if I know it is going to be late.

If for whatever reason the product cannot be shipped out within 24 hours or business days then the retailers should be very careful on how they charge for P&H.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ah, mystery shipping charges.

Go to http://www.topsmagic.com or http://www.penguinmagic.com and they have free shipping. Problem solved.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
As does mjmmagic.com
Magic is a vanishing art.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile