The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Criss Angel Autograph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Im pretty sure this is the place to post this topic. I heard if you send a self addressed stamped envelope with a picture Criss will send an autograph back to you. So I figure why not, I'm sending an ace of spades with a letter in tomorrow.Its worth a shot. Anyone tried this?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Let us know what happens. I don't think Criss Angel will do anything for you. Now if you were sending it to someone like Mark Wilson you may get an autograph.
Anyhow let everyone here know ok?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Yep I sent it today and its in the mail. Though it may be a while. I don't really care if I get it back or not. Im just curious if ill get anything back.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Now when it comes back signed... Burn it.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2008-04-16 22:28, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Now when it comes back signed... Burn it.

I will second this motion...
Rennie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Did it come back yet ?
Rennie
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
...and the Second Place Winner gets TWO autographs from C.A.!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Any word on the "Jovial" Mr. Angel's autograph yet ?
magicmax1
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicmax1
I have a personalized criss angel autograph and its pretty cool... I hope he sends you an autograph!!

Max
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
I've sent two SASE to Criss Angel over the past year and a half. I've received nothing. On the other hand, Carl Ballantine, Mark Wilson, David Copperfield, Siegfried, Eugene Burger, Max Maven, the Amazing Kreskin, and Randi have all sent back the photos signed.

You can buy autographed Criss Angel DVDs on his website, but would you really want the DVDs?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2008-08-26 13:13, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
I've sent two SASE to Criss Angel over the past year and a half. I've received nothing. On the other hand, Carl Ballantine, Mark Wilson, David Copperfield, Siegfried, Eugene Burger, Max Maven, the Amazing Kreskin, and Randi have all sent back the photos signed.

You can buy autographed Criss Angel DVDs on his website, but would you really want the DVDs?

That is just what I have been saying, the great "Holier Than Though" Criss Angel is a real jerk.
Rennie
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I wonder how many autograph requests he gets a day?
No disrespect to the others you mentioned, but they are not the household names they used to be. Copperfield hasn't been on TV in ages so he's not a face that the entire world sees every day. Not a bash on his skill, it's just that people will remember better the emo guy they saw last night.
So he is probably busier. That's just my opinion on it.
Maybe he's not a jerk, maybe he's trying to run a business and prepare a huge show,and film a tv show, and film the Mandrake movie, and maybe he doesn't have much time in his day for mail.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Quote:
On 2008-09-04 13:45, critter wrote:
No disrespect to the others you mentioned, but they are not the household names they used to be. Copperfield hasn't been on TV in ages so he's not a face that the entire world sees every day.

I disagree with your logic on this. I think someone can remain a household name based on how memorable what made them famous is. Angel has a cable show while DC had network. DC tours and Angel doesn’t. Angel has yet to make a real lasting impression with a mega illusion while DC will always have Statue of Liberty. That is something people don’t forget. The levitation over Luxor would probably be the closest thing to memorable for Angel, but that didn’t have half the machine behind it as DC’s special. So I would guess that if you were to go to the mall or airport and poll people, more will know who Copperfield is, even though he hasn’t had a special in 7 years.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
Maybe he's not a jerk, maybe he's trying to run a business and prepare a huge show,and film a tv show, and film the Mandrake movie, and maybe he doesn't have much time in his day for mail.

And if you believe that, I have a nice piece of property in Florida you may be interested in.
Go to the Genii forum and read the article about his majesty Mr.Angel's show in Las Vegas.
Trust me he is a jerk !
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I was under the impression that Copperfield couln't tour until his Vegas contract expires. Yes people remember Copperfield, but what I mean is that the guy they remember from the eighties is not the guy that they are likely to write to for an autograph. The guy they saw last night is. I certainly don't wake up the morning after CSI thinking of how great Don Johnson used to be.

As for whether or not Criss Angel is a 'jerk,' well, people said the same thing about Harry Houdini, Marlon Brando, and Bruce Lee. Those are three names that no one will ever forget.

Yes, his ego does get tiring. But I could say the same thing about Lance Burton not coming out after his shows, or David Copperfield not making his museum public. But they are all great at what they do, so who am I to judge? I just sit back and enjoy the show.

Quote:
On 2008-09-04 17:33, OHCollector wrote:
Quote:
No disrespect to the others you mentioned, but they are not the household names they used to be. Copperfield hasn't been on TV in ages so he's not a face that the entire world sees every day.

I disagree with your logic on this. I think someone can remain a household name based on how memorable what made them famous is. Angel has a cable show while DC had network. DC tours and Angel doesn’t. Angel has yet to make a real lasting impression with a mega illusion while DC will always have Statue of Liberty. That is something people don’t forget. The levitation over Luxor would probably be the closest thing to memorable for Angel, but that didn’t have half the machine behind it as DC’s special. So I would guess that if you were to go to the mall or airport and poll people, more will know who Copperfield is, even though he hasn’t had a special in 7 years.
~Will Rogers
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Lance doesn't come out after his show, but he did send me a Christmas card and autographed photo after I wrote to him about how much I enjoyed his show. I'm not saying Angel's a jerk (I'm not saying he's not one, either - I never met the guy), but Copperfield was still touring when he sent me a photo.

If someone really wants a Criss Angel autograph, you can join his fan club for $100 and get a free autographed picture. Wowee!
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1810 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2008-09-12 16:08, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
If someone really wants a Criss Angel autograph, you can join his fan club for $100 and get a free autographed picture. Wowee!

That is about $99.75 too much !
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Booey, I wrote Lance too. Took him less than a week to send the autograph. Got it last week with a nice letter. Very cool of him. He's a real Southern Gentleman.
As for Criss "Loyal club," I don't think making people pay for the autographed photo is cool, but James Randi does the same thing with JREF memberships. The second level or so is the photo, couple hundred gets you a letter, couple hundred more gets you a phone call from Randi, couple hundred more gets you a dinner date with Randi... Something like that.
I still think Randi is a heck of a guy and I am grateful for all of the fraud exposures he's done, and his very enjoyable magic history book.
I would love to meet Randi, although at well over 6 feet I'm not sure I could reach down to shake his wee tiny hand:)
I don't really care for Copperfields persona anymore.
~Will Rogers
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Critter, if you send Randi a photo and SASE, he'll send you an autograph, no charge. He will personalize it to you, so you can't sell it on Ebay (unless there is another "Critter" looking to buy a Randi autographed photo.