The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Ball and Cone. (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MaveriQ
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
34 Posts

Profile of MaveriQ
Thank you!
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
780 Posts

Profile of TStone
Sweden's Leif Olberius have come up with an interesting combination of Ball & Cone and Jerry Andrus's "Zone Zero".
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, TStone wrote:
Sweden's Leif Olberius have come up with an interesting combination of Ball & Cone and Jerry Andrus's "Zone Zero".

Thank you for sharing the link. This is such a well thought out and delightful routine. It was a pleasure to watch and I appreciate all the nuances involved.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Ignacio Lopez has a beautiful Ball & Cone set for sale HERE.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
What about "Dai Vernon's Expanded Lecture Notes"? That has the ball and cone routine. Is it the most accurate version in print (Vernon)?
Magic Inc publication.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
527 Posts

Profile of martysh
Ive been in and out of the ball and cone for 40 years.... never satisfied... in November Charlotte Close up Convention had Jecki Yoo..who did his... I challenged myself to learn his quick routine in one month... and now I have performed it a few times... it has some old ideas some modern work and it is quick ..do I love it ... you can see him do it on You tube.

or his site

Marty
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2023, Brad Jeffers wrote:

I splurged on this set for myself for Christmas. Just received it today and it is a thing of beauty. The balls are much easier to handle than I thought they would be. It comes with two full routines taught via video (subtitled). One routine is the Vernon routine and the other is his own. I also plan on grabbing Jeki Yoo's routine.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Ignacio.Lopez
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Ignacio.Lopez
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2023, Brad Jeffers wrote:

Thank you. I would like to share my work with the rest of the community. I really do it with a lot of love, dedication and passion. I love this effect and I am always working with new things to enrich it.
I am in the process of re-recording the routine, when I have it I will post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gfOnrNpyrU
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Years ago I found that a tall, narrow mug and rough balls can work instead of a Cone.
More natural looking for me, but I quit performing a lot and never refined any routine
(plus not liking the mouth stuff)

Perhaps this winter I will experiment with different "off the shelf containers"

Maybe eggs also.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
For anyone interested, I did a review of Ignacio Lopez's Cone & Ball set.

I included my own version of the routine as well.

SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Just a short clip of Ricardo Harada doing a ball vanish. It doesn't get any cleaner than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwY6_rhLCNQ

For what it is worth, I was at a local Dollar store the other day. And in the Christmas decorations aisle they had holiday style cloth bottle bags for wine gifts.
Bought one for $2 and took it home and cut off about 3 inches from the bottom and sewed up the bottom. Now it works excellent for the ball and cone routine.
One can't get much cheaper than $2 for a cloth bag for your cone.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I hope he (Ignacio Lopez) does another run of this product.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3025 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I would add my vote as well for Ignacio to do another run of these!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings