The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Houdini's Card Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Greetings,

Is anyone familiar with a card trick Harry Houdini himself invented? I was told it was put on the market briefly but taken back off as it was too difficult to do. It was sold in a small envelope.

The basic effect is a borrowed deck is used, and shuffled by the spectator. The spectator thinks of a number and counts that many down. Lets say 8. They memorize the 8th card down and then place the cards back and square the deck.

The rest of the routine is foggy to me but I think the deck is cut in half and half of the cards go in the box. Cards are removed from the deck by the spectator and not found to be the chosen card. The magician then removes the selected card from his pocket and is able to know its value before doing so.

You can PM me if you like with more information on this effect or where I can find and learn more about it.

Thanks
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Hmmm, interesting haven't heard of that one before, but I'm sure someone will come up with an answer for you. Good luck.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
No luck yet.... anyone????
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Anyone with any information on Houdini's Long Lost Card Trick?
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
This one must be really "LOST"!!!
leoega
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of leoega
I never knew that Houndini invented a trick! And I agree with Bill it really is lost! Smile