The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Best Price Matching Policy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I just wanted to make a post that I was very impressed by an online dealer recently. They have a policy that, in order to match a brick and mortar as store as much as possible, that everything has free shipping and that if any item can be found cheaper anywhere else, they will match that price, adding in the shipping that store typically charges. Now this may not seem like a good deal on the outset...they could simply price everything in their store with the shipping cost included.

The good thing they do is they only add that shipping cost once per order. For instance if item A costs 10 dollars (+ 5 dollars shipping) on the open web and they sell it for 12 dollars, I don't really get a bargain. BUT, if I find 5 things that are a few dollars off, that 5 dollar charge is only added once for the whole order and can add up to quite a lot. The manager told me himself that this was to keep customers for the long term, rather than try to squeeze a few bucks out of everybody.

Oh and if you go in the store they give you a complimentary beverage and, of course, will teach you a trick once bought!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
Can you tell us the name of this shop? Is it in the DC area by chance? Thanks...
John
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Ruppenthal, check your PMs.
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
I don't think it's wrong to post the name os such a shop. One I have had excellent experiences with, and in fact, the owner spent over an hour on the phone with me one day, just chatting; he was very generous with his time in addition to excellen matching and customer service)

Williams Magic in Arizona.

No, I have no affiliation with them other than a being a happy customer.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I love that place. I lived in Sierra Vista Arizona and would go there once a month just to hang out (and buy stuff). Great father and son outfit in Tucson AZ. If anyone is ever in Tucson you should stop by just to talk with these guys.