The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Essential Robert-Houdin - any comments? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Solitaire
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Solitaire
Hi guys,
What do you think about this book? I did some research in the forum but nothing came up, so does someone own this book and could tell me more about it?

Thanks in advance.
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Brilliant book.

Unfortunately some of sources not complete. If I know well on English was 3 different translations of "Les Tricheries des Grecs Devoilees" and "Essential Robert-Houdin" use not that variant where last three chapters what were added by Robert-Houdin on 1863.

Also, Memoirs on English was translated not full. Most missing - XVII chapter. On 1932 Haydn try translate it but as I know - not complete again. S. H. SHARPE try find all missed parts - but again not complete. But looks on "Essential Robert-Houdin" just standard Wraxall translation without Haydn and Sharpe. So, Bartolomeo Bosco still "birds killer".
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's an attractive and affordable package of previously available Robert-Houdin material......but it's been gathered into one place, and presented in typical Todd Karr fashion....which is to say beautifully.

You can't go wrong if you're looking for material on Robert-Houdin and don't already own the individual sources of material the book is composed of.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Very, Very Heavy.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Join - Robert-Houdin GROUP on Facebook, I did.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16831854082
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I did, thanks Mats!