The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Info wanted on Water in Newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
May I ask ho you manage to pour the water in different colors? I understand how to change the color of the water once, but then I'm lost...
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Great ideal hansel.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
If you can still find it, grab em up. My supplier has discontinued it.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
Do you know of any routines which combine liquid in newspaper & torn and restored newspaper?
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I'm also curious about the routine Kristof Limbo mentioned above.

Does anybody know anything like that??? Liquid in newspaper and torn and restored newspaper?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-05-23 09:20, Kristof Limbo wrote:
Do you know of any routines which combine liquid in newspaper & torn and restored newspaper?

Quote:
On 2013-10-21 22:59, pollysukemaru wrote:
I'm also curious about the routine Kristof Limbo mentioned above.

Does anybody know anything like that??? Liquid in newspaper and torn and restored newspaper?

Yes, there were 2 versions published. Way back when Magic Hands Magic Company was in business in Germany, they sold a version that came with 3 gimmicks and a sample full size newspaper. Being one of you are in Belgium, you may want to check with Mephisto Huis Magic as they took over some of the products when Magic Hands closed their business. The owner of the old Magic Hanks, Wolfgang Wollet, now lives in the U.S. and has http://www.tricksupply.com you might send him an email see if he can supply any information.

Then years later, Alan Shaxon produced his version of combining his Newspaper Tear with Liquid In Newspaper, it was part of the Trik-A-Tape video tapes put out by Pat Page and Vic Pinto in England, UK. L&L Publishing has many of the rights to Trik-A-Tapes, but they have never released this video tape on DVD.

I have both versions and they are both very good.
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Thank you Bill Hegbli, but no luck for finding it... I emailed Wolfgang Wollet, but it seems like he doesn't know anything like that.
Do you remember the name of the product? I don't mind if it's second hand. Thank you.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pollysukemaru, the name of the Magic Hands trick in German it is called Bier-ZerreiB-Zeitung Artikel - Nr. 11003, in English it is called Beer-Surprise-Newspaper - No. 11003

Alan Shaxon was called Alan Shaxon's Torn & Restored Drink in Newspaper, Trik-A-Tape No. 11

In my opinion, this is the only gimmick made correctly to perform Water in Newspaper. I can only find it at Daytona Magic, they sell it both ways, in an envelope or already in a newspaper, so you can place it in your local newspaper. I prefer the gimmick only as it comes with detailed instructions for installation, and it is only $3.00

http://www.ezmagicrobbins.com/shop/item.......ck-ez-x/

The gimmick is thin, so I would order several.
http://www.daytonamagic.com/liquid-from-......305.html
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Thank you Bill, but I actually own a liquid from newspaper gimmick. and would like to do an effect like pouring liquid into newspaper then tear them up,
and restore it, then produce the liquid out of it.

Thank you BIll for your time. I really appreciate.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Brad Burt had a version of the torn & restored tabloid that might work with the liquid gimmick. There is a trick in the Anderson Newspaper Magic book where a newspaper in cut up with a knife that might work.

Another way of doing it (maybe) is to have the filled gimmick in the restored newspaper. Use a milk pitcher to pour the milk into the newspaper. You could make a little liquid go a long way if you used multum in reverse glasses.

Show a Foo can empty. Pour liquid from a milk pitcher into the newspaper. Tear and restore newspaper. Pretend to pour liquid out of newspaper into foo can. Pour liquid out of Foo can.

Thom
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2008-03-18 22:51, randirain wrote:
I thought I would put my two cents in here...
I think you will like them.

Basically, In the news is a foo can newspaper.
I know this trick because it is in Gene Andersons Newspaper Magic.

Here is how to make the gimmick...
Buy a large ziplock freezer bag and cut the zipper off.
You need freezer bags because of the thickness of the plastic.
Put the bag on your ironing board and lay a piece of paper over it.
It's very helpful to cut the paper the size of the bag.
This helps you know where the bag is under the paper.
Or just use transparent paper.
Now with the edge of the iron, rub over half of the opening then down at angle in the middle.
This will fuse the two sides of the bag into a foo can figuration.

Now another thing I came up with...
Put some OOM into the bag.

You now pour in water, but pour out milk.

If this is too much for this open forum, please move it to the secret session or something like that.
Please don't just delete it.

What I have said is good stuff.

Randi

Very good stuff. I can't believe that no one has thanked you for it at any point in the past 5 years.

Thanks Randi!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
You can manufacture the gimmick yourself. That has a lot of advantages. You can use a new gimmick everytime. So the drink that goes inside comes out again and can be drunken without health risks. I perform this trick with beer and it is nearly impossible to clean the gimmick completely. So I use a new gimmick and a new newspaper for every day.

I produce my own gimmicks from household bags commonly used for deep freezing food. A standard machine for sealing those bags is slightly altered. To enable the hot wire to melt all necessary connections required to cut away one of the protruding pins - of course not the one that operates the switch. Please excuse - my machine is nearly 30 years in operation and still does the job. The trick has become a classic in my programmes and is always revceived well.
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
Regular user
MN
105 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
I love the Drink in Torn & Restored News. I have the Alan Shaxon version. It is solid and I've used the same one for year.
The gimmicks are hard to come by. I recently found a source for them and will be selling them at my store soon, if all goes according to plan!
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
Regular user
MN
105 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2024, BobMillerMAGIC! wrote:
I love the Drink in Torn & Restored News. I have the Alan Shaxon version. It is solid and I've used the same one for year.
The gimmicks are hard to come by. I recently found a source for them and will be selling them at my store soon, if all goes according to plan!

The source I found sells a poor copy. (from D. Robbins). Does anyone know where to get the gimmick that Alan Shaxon sold with his Drink in Torn and Restored Newspaper trick?
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Why not make them yourself? Impulse sealer and bags.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.