The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Material Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
abra
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of abra
I have and old Chalet Prop and I am trying to find the Vinyl that he uses on some of his effects, mine is starting to show some wear and I want to replace it but don't know were to get it from. I believe it is self adhesive, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Abra
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Try emaling Geroge at Chalet, he is fantastic at helping people out!

Sam
abra
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of abra
Thanks Sam, I will do that.

Abra
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7677 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you cannot get in touch with George, you need to look for sign vinyl. It is a super heavy duty type of contact paper material. You can even find it on ebay at times or the local sign shop who could cut it as you need.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
The finish material that Chalet uses is called Tuff Kote. George told me it is expensive, and it is made overseas......somewhere in Europe, maybe? Contacting George or a local sign shop is good advice. A sign shop may not have Tuff Kote, but they will have good sticky-backed material in a variety of colors. They will be able to make up any design you want too!

Regan
Mister Mystery
abra
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of abra
Thanks all for your help and quick response, this at least will lead me on a search for the material.

Abra
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Just a note on sign vinyl occaisionally a sign shop will have substantial trimmings in differnt colors.because they cant reuse the material once it has been cut, they must throw it out. It then becomes perfect for you to use in small peices.
mike
day 11