The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: How to take a Sharpie apart? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Christopher,

Thanks for sharing that. I love reading about other peoples' bursts of creativity. You have put a lot of thought into that effect...and it shows. A nice tight, logical and entertaining effect.

Keep up the good work. And thanks again for taking the time to share your ideas with us.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
funboy247
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of funboy247
I`d like to ask if anybody knows, how to take apart a Sharpie retractable? I want to put a different cartridge in it.

Kai
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2015, funboy247 wrote:
I`d like to ask if anybody knows, how to take apart a Sharpie retractable? I want to put a different cartridge in it.

Kai

Are you wanting just a different color like a blue sharpie that writes in red? Or am I misunderstanding what you are looking to do?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Gee, when I made my Sharpe into Russ Walsh Card to Egg device, I just got out 2 pairs of pliers and wrapped paper towel around the black tip end and rear barrel. Came right apart. The paper towel was so the barrel would not get marks on it from the teeth of the pliers. I wanted to use ink, so I wrapped sticky Saran wrap around it to keep it air tight. Cut the fiber ink stick in half and finished my pen. Works great.

Don't twist is as there are groves which prevent it from being twisted. Just pull straight back. When assembling, feel that groves are lined up before pushing together.
funboy247
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of funboy247
I want a red sharpie retractable that writes green. Hope you can help me
GeorgeKerzon
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of GeorgeKerzon
Love that idea Christopher!
I will try it.

You can also dry out the end of the sharpie and use it to have an item apparently marked while it is held behind a spectator's back.
The item to be forced is already marked with a matching working marker unknown to the spectator, of course.
The spectator then apparently marks the paper with the dry sharpie and when he brings the paper into view, it is marked right where you want it to be, wink wink.
Nick_z5
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Nick_z5
I used a wrench to pull out the ink cartridge. It works! You just have to twist and pull. But do outside to not stain anything inside
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
8 years later they can be pulled apart easily. About ten yours ago I cut one apart using a very fine backsaw from a model shop.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Wrap the towel tissue around the 2 ends then push back and fourth while pulling 2 ends apart.
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
I find it difficult to open my sharpie with my bare hand even though wrapping with towel tissue. Meanwhile, using a wrench wrapping with paper towel may leave some scratch mark on the sharpie when twisting it, do someone have an idea to open the sharpie while keeping the surface of it in perfect condition?