The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Jean Hugard bio now available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2773 Posts

Profile of sethb
There is an interesting biography of Jean Hugard available as a $6 remainder from Hamilton Books, click HERE for more information. Hey, at this price, you can't go wrong!

Mr. Hugard was an experienced vaudeville magician who turned to teaching and writing when the Depression killed vaudeville. He wrote the "Modern Magic Manual" (1939), which has now been reprinted in paperback by Dover Books as "Hugard's Magic Manual." I have a soft spot for that book, which was given to me by Al Flosso and started me on my magical journey many years ago. Hugard also apparently co-wrote, edited or ghost-wrote a fair portion of Hilliard's "Greater Magic" after Hilliard died, which I did not know.

While you're at it, you may also want to pick up a $6 copy of "The Magician and the Cardsharp," a biography of Dai Vernon, click HERE to view, or "Hiding the Elephant" by Jim Steinmeyer for $6, click HERE to view.

All these books are brand new hardcovers, they are just remainders (publisher's overstocks). BTW, I have no financial interest in Hamilton Books, I've just been a satisfied customer for about 20 years. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC