The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Tricks and Amusements with coins, cards, string, paper and matches. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7052 Posts

Profile of magicfish
WOW. I just bought this dover reprint from the magic shop for 1 dollar in the used bin. It is fantastic! Originally written in 1935 by R.M. Abraham. It's loaded with little stunts with every day objects. My copy is from 1964 but it is in mint condition; a little gem. I would love to know if anyone is familiar with this book or if they have a copy.
Thanx, Fish
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
Yes, I agree you made a great find, Fish! Lot of great stuff in that thin volume..I'd also recommend that you get hold of Abraham's companion book "Diversions and Pastimes with Coins, Cards, String, Paper and Matches" also republished by Dover.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7052 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks a lot for the response, this is a wonderful little book. I'll definitely keep my eye out for the other. Thanks again.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
A lot of the older Dover editions are worth picking up when you can find them, Dover used to be known for producing extremely high quality paperbacks, on acid-free paper, with the pages sewn rather than glued. This is, sadly, no longer the case. Evidently it became too expensive to keep up this kind of quality. Their catalog used to include a lot of odd "Magic and Hobby" titles that are no longer there, but which can be found in used book shops occasionally.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7052 Posts

Profile of magicfish
You're right about the quality. My copy is from 1964 and it looks brand new- rare for other softcovers.