The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Tamariz Stack (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Hey all,

I have the 2nd video in Tamariz's Lessons in Magic series and the A1 Allstars #3 tape. Both of these contain routines using Tamariz's stack.

Does anybody here actually use his stack, and what routines do you use with that?

Also, do you have any idea when his Memorised Deck book will come out in English?
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The English versions of books by the great Spaniards are notoriously slow in coming--and in equally notoriously small quantities when they do come!

I don't know the stack, although I've seen Juan use it to devastating effect. He told me it was easily generated from new deck order, easy to memorize and even easier to use, and that it would be coming out in English soon.

That was five or six years ago...

Nothing against Juan; it's the publisher that drags his feet.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Well that's a real shame. I have very limited resources on it and he keeps promising around 30 tricks on his videos and that it will be out soon.

I don't know how easy it is to get from new deck order. In one routine he gets it into new deck order from the stack so I guess you could do that in reverse. I have no idea how you'd do it under the guise of a routine however Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

I don't think it's under the guise of a routine. The point is that you can open a brand new deck and, with just a few shuffles, it's in the stack. I know that can be done, because I've seen him do it! That's part of the appeal of his stack.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2002-02-20 03:49, greatscott wrote:
Nothing against Juan; it's the publisher that drags his feet.

Apparently, the books will be released this year through Stephen Minch. I can't wait!

--Andi
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Well thanks for telling me, Scott. Now I'm gonna be spending all my time trying to figure out exactly how to do it Smile

Do you know of any other books/tapes where Juan teaches some routines using his stack?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Andi--

That's good news! Minch is a good man. I was referring to the Spanish publisher. I'm glad to hear Steve will be handling the project. We can rest assured it will be done excellently.
My Lybrary Page
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
The Spanish version of Tamariz's memorized deck is a two volume affair. My understanding is that the English version will be a single volume. Jim Krenz is doing the translation. This is a project that began a number of years ago. In fact it began soon after Tamariz recorded his three video set. Frakson Press, the publisher of Five Points, The Magic Way and Sonata is a Tamariz enterprise.
dekkeret
View Profile
New user
Paris
54 Posts

Profile of dekkeret
If you read Spanish, Sinfonica En Mnemonica Mayor is available in Europe at
Click Here

Olivier
"I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to walk through it."
Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix"
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

The problem is, most American's DON'T read Spanish!

"If you're fluent in three languages, you're trilingual; if fluent in two languages, you're bilingual. If you're fluent in one language, you're American!"
My Lybrary Page
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I can barely speak English enough to read this board, let alone a second language.

I hope it's a little cheaper than advertised on that site. 123 Euros? Comes to over 200 Australian dollars.
dekkeret
View Profile
New user
Paris
54 Posts

Profile of dekkeret
I even saw it at USD 140 on an Argentina site! I can read Spanish but I'm also waiting for the English (or French) edition for a better price.

Meanwhile, I will use Doug Dyment’s
"Mindsights - Tools and Performance Pieces for the Mystery Entertainer" memorized deck Click Here
for Dougs book review)

Olivier
"I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to walk through it."
Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix"