The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Magic Worms: Using different thread for the demo than the product? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
459 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Quote:
On 2008-02-18 14:18, DonDriver wrote:
TKD27,

All pitch items are impuls sales.Like all the racks they put up at check-out counters.

Don

Yeah, so basically, like you've said, they're all just going to end up sitting in a drawer somewhere. I'm okay with that. It's the kid's choice not to practice it and learn to do it well.

But like I said, learning about pitching has made me a smarter consumer Smile
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
I doubt I'M any smarter but it has certainly made me a RICHER consumer! ;-)

Jon
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Hey Don, long time no talk to. I don't have Don's DVD I have his VHS tape. LOL

As far as pitching goes, I pitched the Sharpcut II knives for five year, made a great living and still believe they are a great product.

Another pitchman joke is, a great pitch item cost a dime, sales for a dollar and disappears as soon as they put it in their pocket. (your really need to be a pitchperson to be with it and really get the joke.) Don, I'm with it are you?

good to hear from you again Don.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Here's a question I have never seen asked.

What color worm is the most popular?

What color's should you have and in what quantity?

Since I will be ordering some soon, I thought I should ask.

Thanks

Big Jeff
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I don't know that any color is more popular than another.

My worms come in six different assorted colors, but I don't get a choice, it's usually about three dozen of each color per order. The colors are all pretty vibrant, so they are eye-catching and great for demos.

I usually pack about four different colors at random for a show, but I only put out two or three colors at one time. Otherwise, the kids will get into a rut trying to figure out what color they want, and then they hold up the whole works while they are deciding! But I display two or three colors because often there will be more than one child in a family and each one will want to get a different color, so they know whose is whose.

I have also found that whatever color worm I am demoing at the moment, is the color that many people will pick. Must be a subconscious thing. But the good news is, if you have too many green worms for whatever reason, then demoing a green worm is a good way to help sell that color.

BTW, if a child just can't make up his/her mind on a color, I just tell them that "the purple ones are very friendly," (or whatever color happens to be out at the time). That solves their problem, completes the sale, and I haven't had any color complaints yet. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
cassius2m
View Profile
New user
Simi Valley, CA
68 Posts

Profile of cassius2m
Excellent insights.
Thanks for sharing you knowledge Seth

-Clay
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I live in minnesota and I went to the mall of america the other day and at a store called magnet max they had the worms with a demo video playing. I chuckled at the sight. When some kids bought them they were disappointed to see a fishing line just like I was a few years ago when I bought one. Im pretty sure the demo video uses different thread.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Seth:
Great advice on tent stakes and how to flash the joint with pennants. YES! the Don Driver DVD covers staking down the EZ UP, the whole DVD is a wealth of information, I must have played it over and over a gizillion times since I got it. Seth, keep those posts coming, I have learned alot.

Rod