The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Water Timer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Can anyone suggest a way to take a water hose with the pressure truned on, and have it begin to spray at a predetermined time? I am trying to set up a situation where someone gets wet if they don't complete a task in the alotted time.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
They make timers that will control yard sprinklers and such. You might take a look at those and see if you could make it do what you want. You can find them at Lowe's and Home Depot.
maurermagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of maurermagic
You could also buy a simple light timer that plugs into any outlet and then plug in a small aquarium pump. This way you could limit the amount of water that would be sprayed.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
When I do a Google search, I find timers that will schedule your watering, but none seem to have a feature where you can set the timer to begin watering in 3 minutes, etc.

An industrial supply company such as Grainger should be able to hook you up with a dry contact timer and a 12-volt solenoid water valve for less than $100.

Keep us posted...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...